Started by LaceSensor, May 09, 2012, 10:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lahba

joe*211

Very nice...

Here's mine with a Mint guard

LaceSensor

wow that looks awesome

I used mine tonight at rehearsals and my bass players comment was it sounds the best out of all my guitars (which includes stuff worth many times the value of this Squier).

I must say I really enjoyed playing it and I think it sounded really great too..

jtn191

Just thought I'd let ya know that your sweet guitar inspired me to change out the bridge on my xavierre to a tuneomatic

LaceSensor

Granted I didnt use the term arm but it held its tuning like a champ...considering its new and not played in I was very impressed.

gtr2

Some of the squire stuff is really becoming a killer deal.  I'm gonna have to get over my Squire phobia and pick up one of the vintage modified teles.  (without the bleach white neck  ;) )

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

raulduke

Squiers are fab guitars.

I'm tempted by a lot of their stuff. But, alas, I have too many guitars to justify it. The misses would not be a happy bunny if another joined the flock  ;D!

LaceSensor

Quote from: gtr2 on May 11, 2012, 12:05:13 PM
Some of the squire stuff is really becoming a killer deal.  I'm gonna have to get over my Squire phobia and pick up one of the vintage modified teles.  (without the bleach white neck  ;) )

Josh

My bass player has one of the 77 vintage modified Jazz Basses and it plays and sounds awesome.

just ridiculous for the cash.

jkokura

I know some people like squier stuff, but I've never met a squier guitar I could really get along with. I know that's bizarre, but it's been my experience they've never played nicely. Mostly the necks and sound has disagreed with me, but I will say that those are problems that can be overcome with a good fret job, some sanding, and some upgraded pickups.

I've also never been interested in jazzmaster guitars, but that Mascis one looks fantastic.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Bret608

I think they actually discontinued the MIJ, purple sparkle Mascis. So this Squier may be the only one for those after the signature model!

The Sonic Youth Jazzmasters are awesome too, but as they're made in the USA, they're quite a bit pricier.

claytushaywood

the gold pickguard and the mint green look fantastic!  what are the best jazzmaster aftermarket pickups around?  I've always loved jazzmasters and the sound of the avri- but I've never really researched them, as I've never found one I've liked.  This is definitely my next guitar, maybe after a blacktop tele baritone... the tune o matic is a nice touch- i've never messed with the graph tech bridges, but one of those with the graphite saddles could make that have the best tremolo system ever.  Does it have the modern neck angle and tremolo break angle (like i've seen on some of the other newer jaguars and jm's)?

LaceSensor

it has a steeper angle over the bridge because the trem is moved 15mm closer to the pickguard compared to vintage specs.

not sure if that answers your question, im unfamiliar with the other modern guitarrs you mentioned