News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP extras

Started by icecycle66, May 07, 2012, 12:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecycle66

Does anyone else get as excited as I do when they get their PPP shipment in?  Not for the parts, but because that's the only time you ever get Jolly Ranchers.

gtr2

I thought I only got them because I'm "special"  ???

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

whitebread47

I rather enjoy them while I tear into a new project (or finishing one because I forgot a part).  I like to order from them when and if I can since they are located in my state, so the candy is a bonus!
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Sigesmundninja

I've only got them once in four orders... they're like little pieces of heaven. Cant buy them over here in Sweden, might have to put up a post in the "Buy/Sell/Trade-section"

now I know what Brandt Bjork meant when i sang "she pretty much taught me how to kiss and her mouth always tasted like Jolly Ranchers cane"

been looking for a girl like that :P

Bret608

I ordered from them for the first time recently, and was stoked about this too! They are in my original home state also, so whitebread47, I'm guessing you are a Louisiana guy. I had a fun time shooting the breeze with Connie at PPP about those roots.

When I lived in Baton Rouge as a teenager, there was this Circle K near my friend's house that had more flavors of Crush soda than you see most places. There was a peach flavor that basically tasted like drinking a Jolly Rancher's! Good times, good times...

timbo_93631

There was a grape and a watermelon in my last order.  I hadn't had either since I was a kid.  the watermelon one was freaky good!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

thetrend77

Yay more Louisiana people! That's the main reason I order from PPP too (b/c they're in my state, not for the Jolly Ranchers. Though that is a plus lol).

icecycle66

Man, there's a bunch of Louisiana people here.  I'm in South AZ now, but when I saw that PPP was from my home state I made them my primary parts source.

Bret608

I'm with you guys; their being in LA made me want to do business with them even more! It's a pretty musical place, so I'm not surprised there's a pedal-related business there.

I've been in Wisconsin for quite a few years now, but I have to admit, I do not know where Anacoco is! And I've lived in both the northwest (Shreveport) and southeast (BR) parts of Louisiana. Anybody know what that's close to?

I'm telling you, almost any flavor of JRs that folks have mentioned in this thread, there is a Crush soda equivalent!

whitebread47

Yep, a Louisianian I am!  I love the quick shipping, so long as I don't order a drilled and powdercoated enclosure.  I really wish they had more in the way of parts, like more ICs, diodes and whatnot.

I actually live in Shreveport. Well, just north of it in Blanchard.  My dad knows where Anacoco is, but I can't quite remember whereabouts.  I want to say it's somewhere down by Zwolle or close to it.  I'm surprised at all the DIY'ers from here.  Heck, Haberdasher is from LA as well.  That's also nice, first class mail for etched boards gets here pretty quickly from the Austin area.

I'm also familiar with the Crush sodas.  Come to think of it, I don't see those around too often anymore.  That or I just haven't noticed.

Edit:  Heh, just noticed how appropriate the title "Diode Destroyer" is for me right now.  I shattered a 1n34a just yesterday. :/
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

sgmezei

I have never got them :'(

But I love their products and do get excited when they arrive. Maybe I shall comment on my next order.....

courtneyisaboy

i never got candy but i did get a hand written thank you.  just the same, an added step in custom service.  every time i have a question they respond within a matter of minutes.

whitebread47

Quote from: courtneyisaboy on May 07, 2012, 10:31:11 PM
i never got candy but i did get a hand written thank you.  just the same, an added step in custom service.  every time i have a question they respond within a matter of minutes.

Yeah, the first time I ordered a powdercoated enclosure and provided a drilling template I was worried when a week or so had passed, so I contacted them.  I had no clue how busy they can get with enclosures (seems to be their bread & butter; they do it well).  Connie promptly responded to my emails and explained the situation, which I understood.  I received another email from her a day or two later when it was about to ship.  She had probably gotten tons of emails, so taking the few minutes to ensure that the customer feels cared about was impressive.  I also like the vibe of their handwritten thank you's on the invoice.  Good people, they are.
Blake

rjkanejr

Aw man!  I got ripped.  My last order I didn't get any Jolly Ranchers.   But I do recall thinking that was such a cool idea when I place my first order and it shipped with those sweet pieces of candy heaven.  I must also comment that PPP has great customer service and that special touch.  I had an order that was delayed (more than I would have liked, not any fault of PPPs) due to the fact that I ordered a color that they don'r produce often so they wait a bit until they get a full order so they can coat them all at once.  I was informed and I understood.  I also had a problem once where something messed up on the website and a discount code wasn't working. Connie was very responsive, very nice, and applied a refund for the discount amount with no hassle at all.  Unfortunately that was the order they skipped the ranchers on.  Overall, I agree with yinz here.  PPP rocks!

Bret608

Quote from: whitebread47 on May 07, 2012, 09:01:06 PM
Yep, a Louisianian I am!  I love the quick shipping, so long as I don't order a drilled and powdercoated enclosure.  I really wish they had more in the way of parts, like more ICs, diodes and whatnot.

I actually live in Shreveport. Well, just north of it in Blanchard.  My dad knows where Anacoco is, but I can't quite remember whereabouts.  I want to say it's somewhere down by Zwolle or close to it.  I'm surprised at all the DIY'ers from here.  Heck, Haberdasher is from LA as well.  That's also nice, first class mail for etched boards gets here pretty quickly from the Austin area.

I'm also familiar with the Crush sodas.  Come to think of it, I don't see those around too often anymore.  That or I just haven't noticed.

Edit:  Heh, just noticed how appropriate the title "Diode Destroyer" is for me right now.  I shattered a 1n34a just yesterday. :/

It's near Zwolle? I bet they go to the Zwolle Tamale Festival!

I had a similar experience with getting worried over the length of time on an enclosure order--when I finally got it, I understood how worth the wait it is.

I found the Crush sodas here in Madison too, at a local fast food take out place in a not-so-great neighborhood (for here, anyway!).