News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Blend 2 Circuits

Started by irmcdermott, April 26, 2012, 03:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Anyone know the best way to blend two circuits? Someone I know is looking for something similar to a JHS Banana Boost, which is pretty much a Rangemaster/Treble boost and a MOSFET Boost with a volume knob and a knob that blends the two circuits. So when its all the way to one side, you get all Rangemaster, all the way to the other side is all MOSFET, and in the middle is a blend of the two.

I'm thinking of just doing the two separate circuits in one box, but just need help figuring out how to wire that blend pot up within a circuit.

jkokura

What you want is a panner, not a blender.

I have a project that is/has been in process to be verified a long time.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

once again, Jacob pulls through. thanks man. look forward to your project.

irmcdermott

If you need someone to verify it, let me know. SOunds like I have a perfect project to test it with :)

jimmybjj

Pcbs no longer available

oldhousescott

For a passive blend circuit, you could do something like this, but it will drop your output by 6db:

oldhousescott

You can always add an active make-up stage to get your level back:

jkokura

I've emailed you a copy of the document Ian. Let me know what you think. It's a little bit more complicated, but Scott's active version is pretty close.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

9Lives

+1 on Jacobs blend. It works very well.. Almost to well, it took me a sec to figure out how to wire it in but if you build from scratch should be simple.