News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590a Thunderpuss

Started by lwatford, April 12, 2012, 12:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwatford

I'm not a fan of these particular enclosed jacks, but it worked. I had to turn the board 90° to make it all fit.

gtr2

Nice.  How what paint are you using?  That looks really good.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

I like how tidy and neat it turned out. That's the way I would orient the board too, makes for more room.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

nzCdog

lwatford

Quote from: gtr2 on April 12, 2012, 12:26:19 AM
Nice.  How what paint are you using?  That looks really good.

Josh

Rustoleum Hammered. I love it, stays pretty durable, and the textures come out different each time. Plus, it's pretty hard to mess it up!

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=29

gtr2

Cool, that's what I was thinking.  I might give painting a whirl again sometime.  It's just more cost effective to buy them from PPP if I want different colors.  Plus I hate spraying the stuff...

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mgwhit

Fantastic build!  I've got an older (etched) Thunderpuss board and a 1590a sitting on my desk right now, and when I saw your post I immediately ran downstairs to see if it would fit sideways.  No dice.  Anyway, I'm always impressed when someone can do a 1590a build without it looking crammed in.  You've almost got room to spare!  Have fun with it.

DutchMF

That looks so cool! I've got a Thunderpuss in Hammond's Standard Black finish (search for "None more Black" in Build Reports), also a 1590A, but that finish of yours beats it, hands down! Cool build, lovely color!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

midwayfair

You got the board fairly low inside so it looks very comfortable - is it a 9mm pot, or did you use something larger?

lwatford

Quote from: midwayfair on April 13, 2012, 01:51:17 PM
You got the board fairly low inside so it looks very comfortable - is it a 9mm pot, or did you use something larger?

Just a regular 16mm. I did have to change out one of the electrolytic caps to a smaller version to get it fit.

pickdropper

Quote from: gtr2 on April 12, 2012, 11:20:05 AM
Cool, that's what I was thinking.  I might give painting a whirl again sometime.  It's just more cost effective to buy them from PPP if I want different colors.  Plus I hate spraying the stuff...

Josh

Yep, I have the same reaction.  I've come to the realization that painting and labeling are my areas of greatest weakness.  For the price PPP charges, I can get a better looking and more durable finish and it really isn't much more expensive (if at all).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper