News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking tone pot not working

Started by pk1802, April 04, 2012, 04:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pk1802

Hey guys,

I etched myself a Sunking and built it up, but I'm having a problem with the tone control.

It seems to not be doing anything to the effected output.

Both the bypass and effected sound are very close to another Klone I have lying around, so I figure everything else is working fine.

I've poked around a little bit but didn't find anything. The Pot itself is functioning correctly, and I've gone over the entire board twice reheating every joint.

All of the 1uF caps in my build are Box caps as that was what I had on hand, could this be my problem?

jkokura

The cap type should have no difference.

Do you have voltages?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pk1802

Cool, I was worried that that might be a problem but didn't want to place another order.

Here are my Voltages

Power Supply @12.70 no load

IC1
1. 4.91
2. 4.91
3. 1.30
4. 0
5. 4.73
6. 4.92
7. 4.89
8. 9.85

IC2
1. 4.92
2. 4.91
3. 4.86
4. -9.63
5. 4.85
6. 4.92
7. 4.96

IC3
1. 9.86
2. 4.87
3. 0
4. -4.88
5. -9.63
6. 5.14
7. 4.60
8. 9.86

Thanks so much for the help.

jkokura

Your voltages look fine, which is a bit confusing considering the issues.

Essentially, it's looking to me like you've got something funky with your wiring or with your part values/soldering in there. I know you've said you've gone over the board looking, but if the problem persists you have to face the fact there's something in there that's fishy.

I would go over R19-R23 and C14/15 with a fine tooth comb. Check for solder bridges especially. Check your wires aren't faulty/broken inside. Check your part values, and don't assume that they're correct because of the markings. Check for solder bridges again.

That's all I can really suggest. Pictures might help us because we can also check your values and look and see if we see any soldering issues.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

pk1802

Bingo, R21 was a 1M8 instead of 1k8!

Thank you so much for the assistance.

I'm going to go box it and then rock it.

jkokura

JMK PCBs *New Website*