News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MKC1 "Mini-Klon" from GuitarPCB.com?

Started by REPTAR, April 03, 2012, 12:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindriot

I built one a few months ago when he came out with the new fabricated boards.  I did a few mods after reading the forums there.  The pedal sounds great, I can't compare it to a Klon though.   I have a Kingslayer board sitting here I'm going to build next.. at first glance at the schematic- with the buffer and charge pump it appears it's a more similar signal path to the original than the MKC1.  Here are some shots of mine:

ichilton

mindriot

I did the Ultra-gain mod, and a boost switch to activate it.  Also moved the gain trimmer to an external pot.

Quote from: ichilton on April 15, 2013, 11:18:45 PM
Nice!

What mods did you do?

Ian

ichilton

Cool - does the gain mod just swap the pot for a larger value like the DeadRinger's boost?

You've also got an extra pot on there - have you swapped the dual gang for 2x individual pots?

mindriot

The gain mod switches between a fixed resistor and a pot via the footswitch.

Yes.. the board has a trimmer pad so you have some options.. keep it inside, dual-gang, or I chose to break it out since I had some real estate to play with.

Quote from: ichilton on April 16, 2013, 09:10:11 AM
Cool - does the gain mod just swap the pot for a larger value like the DeadRinger's boost?

You've also got an extra pot on there - have you swapped the dual gang for 2x individual pots?