News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My new shoulder!

Started by Sigesmundninja, March 28, 2012, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigesmundninja

A little different buildreport this time. I dislocated my shoulder 3 years ago while training Brazilian jiu jitsu and tore up my Articular capsule. Yesterday I had my second surgery and hopefully it will be as good as new this time! Won't be able to solder or drill for some time now. But since I will be home from work for 3 months now I gonna start planning my future builds! Here's a short video from the inside of my shoulder  ;D

Mich P

Wow impressive !!
Have a good rest.
Mich P.

nzCdog

Wow!  Speedy recovery man,  I had knee surgery years ago and it took a while to bounce back, but I was much better for it in the end

pryde

Good luck to you. Funny I tore my shoulder up training BJJ as well a few years ago. I had a biceps tendon tear and had re-attachment surgery.

Also I am an occupational therapist and rehab a lot of post-op shoulders. Hang in there.

madbean

Rest well, and I'm sure you will be back to ripping throats in no time.

Sigesmundninja

jimmybjj

Kimura, omo plata? This is one build I am not envious of. Speedy recovery brother. Luckily I don't have to have surgery yet.
Pcbs no longer available

Sigesmundninja

I jumped up to get a flying triangle and my opponent fell forward... me being stupid broke our fall with my right arm behind me and it just snapped! Big stupid mistake.

jimmybjj

Whoa :o friend had a similar situation but got a compound fracture of his forearm, nasty break.
Pcbs no longer available

Sigesmundninja

Ooooh... that's nasty! Did he recover fully?

jimmybjj

Yeah a couple of plates and lots of time later he is good. Happened year before last and he got his purple this year, so he is doing well.
Pcbs no longer available

Sigesmundninja

for a purple belt, it's worth it as long as you recover fully  ;D

pryde

Dang sounds nasty.

My shoulder tore up from being subject to multiple armbars, omo-platas, and kimuras over a few years. Don't really roll anymore but made 2-stripe blue belt. I do miss it alot even after multiple injuries  ;D

Do you plan on continuing after recovery?

stecykmi

eww @ video

i guess the only kind of guts i like looking at inside electronics.

anyway, get well soon.

Sigesmundninja

It depends on how well i recover. Havn't been sparring in 3 years but I really, really miss it. I do roll with my brother sometimes but i don't think I will start competing or training in at least 3 years more. I will stick to crossfit since it does wonders for my diabetes :)