News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cool Toggle switch and LED source

Started by TNblueshawk, March 12, 2012, 01:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Not sure if this is on here somewhere already but here you go. I have not ordered from him yet but plan to and in particular the toggles based on the price. Check out the lighted toggles too.

http://led-switch.com/
John

sgmezei

wow, thats a ton of switches. I would love to put some 10mm LED's in a pedal hahaha. They don't have any mounts for those though.

Let us know the quality when/if you order!

TNblueshawk

I've put some 10mms' on about 4 builds. Basically hot glued them on there. One time I used clear caulk. Need to go back and fix that as it sort of pushed down too easy, then back up...then down...then....

But I need some toggles or to get a stash going anyway so next payday I think I'll order me some up and report back.
John

TNblueshawk

This may not be the best deal in town the more it is studies by me and others. But, it is another source nonetheless.

Easier to navigate than Mouser  :P
John

TNblueshawk

So let me ask you guys.

These mini toggles are 12v. Also the lighted toggles are 12v.

What will happen by using a 9v battery or adaptor? Will it work without issue?

John

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DuctTapeRiot

Is 12V higher than 9V?   :-\

I think I have found the data sheet for these lighted ones(or at least very similar).  Can anyone help with how the light works in these, and how it should be wired up?  On  the website TN linked to it states that the light is "enclosed incandecent", which seems to correspond to the data sheet I have (attached), which states "Lamp voltage 12V (neon)".  Does this mean you need 12V to run the light as it is incandesant and not LED?  Would it work with 9V?? Also with the 3 poles (Gnd, Acc, Pwr) how would these get wired up??

TNblueshawk

Quote from: jkokura on March 12, 2012, 09:07:17 PM
Is 12V higher than 9V?

Jacob

Oooo, a trick question  ;D Well, what is "is"?  :-\
John

jkokura

Sorry John, I was being Cheeky.

I guess my point is that you probably don't need us to answer the question. You already know that what it's expecting is 12V, and the common 9V that we apply is not meeting that need. In that case, without the actual pieces in our hands we can't tell you. In fact, you should probably either not take the risk, or take the risk as an experiment and report back your findings.

Dave is asking some really good questions. I don't think any of us here have the answers you need.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

DuctTapeRiot

I think I am just going to take the plunge and get a few, will report back of course.  They go too well with my lighted pots not to give it a go.

Ultimate lighted build perhaps?? Lighted knobs, lighed toggles, light plate, light up tube, ???  Anyone ever seen light up stompable 3pdts??

timbo_93631

I think that is technically referred to as "LightUpRiot"
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jkokura

I actually have seen 3PDT's that light up, but I can't remember for the life of me who did that.

Essentially, if I remember correctly, the completely disassembled a 3PDT and did some crazy stuff...

What I would love to see is a light up washer around the 3PDT, so that when you step on it, that white washer lights up. That would be cool.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

DuctTapeRiot

Quote from: timbo_93631 on March 13, 2012, 10:32:00 PM
I think that is technically referred to as "LightUpRiot"
- Awesome!

Jk, I am definitely not going as far as disassembling 3pdts but the washer idea is a fantastic one!!  I am going to grab some scrap lexan and give it a go, essentially using the same technique as the light plate.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: jkokura on March 13, 2012, 09:57:27 PM
Sorry John, I was being Cheeky.

I guess my point is that you probably don't need us to answer the question. You already know that what it's expecting is 12V, and the common 9V that we apply is not meeting that need. In that case, without the actual pieces in our hands we can't tell you. In fact, you should probably either not take the risk, or take the risk as an experiment and report back your findings.

Dave is asking some really good questions. I don't think any of us here have the answers you need.

Jacob

Oh no worries. I was being goofy myself. I try not to assume anything anymore in this electronics world. I'm wrong as much as I'm right on what should be obvious stuff so I just assume I'm wrong all the time now  ::)
John

DuctTapeRiot

Well, I made a small test order. Got a couple of the light up toggles, some of the 10mm leds (just couldnt help myself) and a couple of the spst toggles with the cool little "On Off" faceplate. Shipping was only $4 to Canada!?!?