News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Don't want the toggle on the Current Lover - jumper?

Started by Bucksears, March 09, 2012, 08:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucksears

Can anyone tell me which pairs of pads to jumper in the toggle switch section to leave it in 'flanger-only' mode?
I've heard some of the clips of the 'filter' mode and I can't really see myself using it. It would be more trouble to line up a hole for the toggle than to just leave it out.

madbean

Looking at the schematic, when the switch is down (as drawn) it bypasses the Rate control altogether and puts it in filter mode. What you want here is the opposite...skip the filter, leave the rate control on for the flanger. So, you need to jumper both halves of the switch so that B3 and B1 are always connected togehter and A3 and A1 are always connected together.

Take a look at the layout diagram in the document and compare it to the schematic. In the schem, you see only one part of the switch is connected to ground, A2. Notice also that A3 and B2 are connected together on the schematic. On the layout you will also see that the left side of the switch has one lug connected to ground on the upper left. The lower left lug is connected through that red trace to the upper right...hmm, we found A3 and B2!

So, it's a good guess that you want to jumper the middle and lower lugs together. One jumper for each side of the switch and you are ready to rock.