News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

glitterratti - pot drive

Started by A1Full, March 08, 2012, 01:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A1Full

hi, the pot "1M lineal "of the drive is very violent! could someone tell me how to do to be of low to high smoothly. at 8hs very little gain, at 9hs has too much gain.
thanks

jkokura

You could try a C taper pot, and maybe lower the value to 500K or even 250K.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

A1Full

thanks for replying, but you do not happen?

oldhousescott

Actually, a log/audio taper pot will work better in this situation for what the OP is wanting. A "C" taper (reverse audio) will actually make the gain come up faster than a linear pot.

A1Full

but then, you should do? the pass is too violent for little gain a lot of gain, I want it to be slower

oldhousescott

A log/audio pot will make the gain come up slower at the start, and for most of the rotation. The gain will come up faster in the last bit of travel at the CW (maximum) end, from about 3 o'clock to 5 o'clock.

gtr2

The glitterratti doesn't have a whole lot of range in the overdrive to begin with.  It's kind of like all or nothing with a little change in between.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

A1Full

Quote from: gtr2 on March 08, 2012, 03:15:44 PM
The glitterratti doesn't have a whole lot of range in the overdrive to begin with.  It's kind of like all or nothing with a little change in between.

if true, so wondered if there was any way to make it more moderate?

jkokura

Quote from: oldhousescott on March 08, 2012, 04:57:20 AM
Actually, a log/audio taper pot will work better in this situation for what the OP is wanting. A "C" taper (reverse audio) will actually make the gain come up faster than a linear pot.

You're right. I meant to hit A. I hit C, and didn't go back and change it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Quote from: A1Full on March 08, 2012, 09:51:50 PM

if true, so wondered if there was any way to make it more moderate?

Use a lower value pot.  But your kind of defeating the goal of this pedal IMO.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

A1Full

then, there is no solution? is thus the circuit?

oldhousescott

Try a 1M log/audio pot for the gain pot and see if you like it. It won't change the function of the pedal, it will just spread the low range of gain across a broader rotation of the pot, while bunching up the high gain portion of the range toward the CW end of rotation. The main thing is for you to experiment until you're happy with it.

A1Full

thank you very much everyone for responding, I'll tell you then the best option!