News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Good God...(mild rant)

Started by madbean, March 05, 2012, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

So, I'm trying to order some painted enclosures from PPP. There are some standard, premium colors I need, and a brushed translucent finish. FFS, what web developer came up with their system of ordering painted enclosures? I am not dumb, but there's something terribly wrong with having to add four items to your cart just to get one type of painted enclosure. Maybe I should email them to make them aware of drop down menus.

Sheesh!

madbean

Of course, I'm one to talk considering my "store", such as it is, is as basic as it can be :)

sgmezei

I feel your frustration with their site. I always just order from their "pre-made" enclosures.

eldanko

eeeeyeaaaahhh...

My "notes" section of the order form always has like 3 paragraphs of text in it, so the order is as idiot-proof as possible.  Smooth sailing so far though!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

chip46

I've never understood it either tbh.

Mammoth's color/enclosure ordering is much smoother, but I prefer the quality and finish options available through PPP much more.

Haberdasher

I've thought the same thing before, haha.  They do a great job with the product but their site is due for a little overhaul.

As far as your storefront, hey whatever works.  Sometimes simple is the best.  And besides, you don't have 10 possible options for each circuit anyway.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Om_Audio

Ya, I remember having to call or email them to figure it out. Was wacky. But I like the box I got- top notch.
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

gtr2

I don't like their system either but the quality sure makes up for the lack of a proper storefront.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Bret608

I just placed my first order with them. I had to email to make sure I didn't goof anything! We'll see how it turns out, I guess...

culturejam

I stopped ordering from them a couple years ago because the shipping cost went up into the ludicrous zone.

Have they sorted that out?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

Mine was $9 for Priority which I consider reasonable considering it's three enclosure plus a bunch of other stuff. Personally, I don't mind paying the Priority rate for the small or medium sized boxes, provided that is what is actually shipped. I have had some experiences with several suppliers charging those rates but not shipping those boxes, though. Honestly, I don't get that....the boxes are free from USPS. Why charge a Priority box rate and then ship in a regular mailer...which is usually smaller than the box? It costs the supplier more to do it that way and the customer is overcharged for shipping. Not calling anyone out specifically, but I've had that happen several times.

jkokura

Quote from: culturejam on March 06, 2012, 04:42:58 PM
I stopped ordering from them a couple years ago because the shipping cost went up into the ludicrous zone.

Have they sorted that out?

Move to Canada and then look into ludicrous costs for shipping...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

timbo_93631

Quote from: madbean on March 06, 2012, 04:59:05 PM
Mine was $9 for Priority which I consider reasonable considering it's three enclosure plus a bunch of other stuff. Personally, I don't mind paying the Priority rate for the small or medium sized boxes, provided that is what is actually shipped. I have had some experiences with several suppliers charging those rates but not shipping those boxes, though. Honestly, I don't get that....the boxes are free from USPS. Why charge a Priority box rate and then ship in a regular mailer...which is usually smaller than the box? It costs the supplier more to do it that way and the customer is overcharged for shipping. Not calling anyone out specifically, but I've had that happen several times.
Yeah the flat rate boxes are far and above the best thing in shipping right now.  A Crybaby fits in a Medium Flat Rate box nicely and gets from me in Fresno, CA to NY in 3 days regularly.  It has made selling modded wahs on ebay really easy.  For smaller pedals the new flat rate envelope is good, just put the pedal in a small box inside the envelope and some bubble wrap for cushioning and $4.95 gets it across the US in days.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Bret608

How long does PPP usually take to ship a drilled/powdercoated enclosure? In other words, I know USPS Priority is three days, but how long do they normally take to get your package out the door in the first place? I didn't get any indication from their shipping confirmation.

Bret608

Whoops! I mean from their order confirmation...if I had gotten a shipping confirmation, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?  ;D