News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel

Started by crawford, March 04, 2012, 08:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crawford

Hi just made the pork Barrel chorus but unfortunately i have no chorus sound so still have to check all components but one thing i noticed was that the MN3101 chip was very very hot when power was passed through it so while i double check my build anybody know what could make this happen,thanks first time poster,Crawford

Scruffie

Chip off ebay? There was something about this and people had to lift a leg to get them to work... can't remember now... or it could just be a straight up fake chip.

That or you put it in backwards or something's shorting it.

Very hot chips are never good though...
Works at Lectric-FX

crawford

Hi thanks for your reply, got my chips from http://doctortweek.co.uk, i did swap the chip around but the MN3007 got fiery hot also, I've looked and can't see any solder bridges but still need to check all components,I could hear the rate pot ticking when i held the pot and touched the switch, i'm no electonics expert but have built loads of pedals etching my own boards but when it comes to debugging i'm......ehh.....stuck,thanks again Crawford.   

crawford

Ignore my posts, i had two chips in the wrong positions, chorus works fine, what a dumpling, :-[ thanks to those who answered, Crawford.