Hey

Can anyone hook me up with working voltages for the Aquaboy
v3205 version. No part subs.

My issues
1 - Only one repeat
2 - very low repeat level

Thanks!

gtr2

I don't have a stock aquaboy's for Voltages but I've built a few...

Did you try adjusting or double checking the value at R19?  EDIT: Not sure what version you're using...

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor

Quote from: gtr2 on March 02, 2012, 08:56:39 PM
I don't have a stock aquaboy's for Voltages but I've built a few...

Did you try adjusting or double checking the value at R19?  EDIT: Not sure what version you're using...

Josh

Hi

Its the v2, with the cool audio v3205 chip
I socketed r19 and used I think a 1.5 or 1.8k resistor to get 7.2V

thanks

gtr2

Ok,

That should be fine for R19.  What value are you using for R31?  I use less than a 22k but I also usually cut the signal going into the bbd so I have to adjust the feedback loop accordingly.  You could try subbing a lower value but I'd audio probe around before breaking out the iron because 22k should have given you more than one repeat. 

You're going to have to probe everything between pins 3,4  from the bbd to where it meets up with your feedback pot.  That's where I'd start provided you have a strong signal coming out the v3205's outputs.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor

Quote from: gtr2 on March 03, 2012, 05:19:15 PM
Ok,

That should be fine for R19.  What value are you using for R31?  I use less than a 22k but I also usually cut the signal going into the bbd so I have to adjust the feedback loop accordingly.  You could try subbing a lower value but I'd audio probe around before breaking out the iron because 22k should have given you more than one repeat. 

You're going to have to probe everything between pins 3,4  from the bbd to where it meets up with your feedback pot.  That's where I'd start provided you have a strong signal coming out the v3205's outputs.

Josh

Cool

I get on that tommorow. I socketed R31 too so I can play.

madbean

The way I have it set up on the newly revised version (as far as the VDD supply) is a 100R resistor for R19 and then an 8.2v Zener in parallel with C18. You could do it this way on ver.2 by adding the Zener underneath the PCB. The cathode goes to the top part of R19 and the anode can go to the free ground pad right next to C18.

LaceSensor

Quote from: madbean on March 03, 2012, 06:43:48 PM
The way I have it set up on the newly revised version (as far as the VDD supply) is a 100R resistor for R19 and then an 8.2v Zener in parallel with C18. You could do it this way on ver.2 by adding the Zener underneath the PCB. The cathode goes to the top part of R19 and the anode can go to the free ground pad right next to C18.

Cool I have those parts will try it.
Is that anticipated to alleviate both symptoms or just the volume thing?

Thanks

madbean

That was only a suggestion as an alternative to using a 1k5 resistor for R19.

You repeat# and level might be fixed by a different resistor value, as Josh mentioned. It could even be a bad pot.