News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Orange Squeezr.

Started by Timmo, February 27, 2012, 07:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmo

Had this one boxed for a while now, just finally got around to sharing!
Say hello to the Squeezr!:

Guts:

It has since inherited a standard black chunky knob, but I couldnt be bothered taking extra pics! (Sorry For giant photos!)

Roctopus

TheCobbenator

I'm digging it! I need to get into etching boxes! Or at least boards :/

Hmm. Idk if I would want my Orange Squeezer to be on all the time. I need to re-box it though. This makes me think I would put it in with a clean blend circuit and leave it on, though. There would def be space without the 3pdt switch. Oh yes! Game on!

Timmo

Yeah it was a difficult decision, But I decided if I'm gonna compress my signal, it's gonna stay compressed. :P

The only problem I had without having the switch was biasing the damn thing so it was actually compressing. Comparing the compressed signal to the clean signal was a constant juggle of cables.. But I got there in the end  ;). If I was to do it again I would probably put a temporary switch in so that I could get the trimpot on the right setting before boxing.. I never rock before I box. (although I SHOULD)... Its all just too exiting! :P

I should also mention that I subbed in the bass components that were mentioned in another thread here. Its very subtle, but adds a nice little bit of tightness to the sound. :)

nzCdog

Man I thought I replied to this post earlier???  Must have clickd da wong button???
Very cool build man, love the etch...  8) 8) 8)  and I STILL haven't built this one!

bigrigg

Love that Cyclops with the LED.  Nice.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Loving that etch!! Gave me a good chuckle.. ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals