News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mudbunny scoop/flat mod?

Started by eniacmike, September 04, 2010, 09:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eniacmike

I wanted to see about putting the scoop/flat switch from the skreddy mayo on a mudbunny.

"The Mayo's "scoop/flat" mids switch just switches an extra .0047uf cap in parallel with the other one on the highpass side of the tone stack."

is the highpass side c10?

I was thinking about wiring up a dpdt switch to c10 middle to board, and putting .0047 on the top, and two .0047 on the bottom. is this correct?

madbean

Yep, C10 is the highpass (attenuates lows). To do this most efficiently, use an SPST or SPDT switch. Bring a wire from the one side of C10 and solder that to the outside terminal of the SPST(DT). From the middle terminal, solder one leg of the extra 4n7. Now solder a wire to the other end of that 4n7 on the switch, and connect that wire back to the remaining leg of C10.

When you hit the switch, the 4n7 on the switch is connected in parallel with C10.

Check the attachment for an illustration on the difference b/w the two. Not completely flat, but close.

[attachment deleted by admin]

eniacmike

cool, thanks for that explination and the diagram.

GhostofJohnToad

sorry to resurrect an ancient post but,  the link to the diagram has been deleted and I'd really like to have a look at it. Is it possible to reup the pic? I want to incorporate this idea in a mudbunny build and I really benefit from the visual.