News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bulk resistors - This seems DAM cheap!

Started by chromesphere, February 23, 2012, 10:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Hi all,

Futurlec are my price benchmark for common parts.  They are quite often the cheapest.  I stumbled upon this on ebay, and it seems insnely cheap.  metal film resistors from futurlec are 10 for 20c, these ones are 300 for 1 dollar DELIVERED!  Unfortunately they only have 1k / 10k / 100k, but still, we use 10k and 100k pretty often, i'm ordering one of each of those.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-4W-Metal-Film-Resistors-1K-10K-100Kohm-300PCS-/220839172094?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item336b0a57fe

I wonder if there are any .1uf films / 10uf electro / 100uf electro cheap in bulk?  I'll post if i find any.

Edit: The 10uf's dont work out cheaper then futurlec.  4c's each from them when you buy 25+ which is pretty cheap.  There are 100uf (50v) electros on ebay for about 7c's each, futurlec is 8c's so only slightly cheaper. Same with wima 100nf, doesnt work out.

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

chromesphere

Confirmed, its cheap.  Even Tayda are 1c each (then delivery).  These are 300 / 1 dollar = 3 for 1c delivered.
Paul

nzCdog

Nice spotting... I ordered some...
Thanks for the tip 8)

chromesphere

The guys at diystompboxes are telling me to check the tolerances when they show up, incase they arent 1% and are greater  They better not be too far out... >:( Have to wait and see what we get.
Paul

nzCdog

Bah... For that price I wouldn't be expecting the highest quality... (prolly have those thin leads etc), but I haven't had to build a project where those 1% tolerances would make a difference yet... I'm sure they'll be fine, thanks again :)

chromesphere

True!  Only ever bought from jaycar / futurlec so its all new to me :D