News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vote... Bender options.

Started by juansolo, February 20, 2012, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

After grabbing a set of nigh on perfect gain germ trannies from badgerific on this board, I've built myself a tonebender Pro MkII clone. Though it's completely against my beliefs, I went and bought a load of mojo parts and have pretty much knocked together a mojo-tastic board (it's over at Marauder's at the moment if he fancies taking a camera to it).

It's bloody good, but leaves me with a dilemma. DIY tradition would have me now box it up to look like a D*A*M knockoff... Which I can certainly do (the boxes he used to use I can get from maplins, a bit of water slidage, etc), but that really isn't my style. Though I can see Marauder's point on this, in that if I'm going to go to the trouble of mojo-ing it up, to stick a cartoon of bender on the front of it kinda misses the point.

As I simply can't make my mind up, I'm gonna throw this out to the MBP to decide.

D*A*M Style

or Juan Style

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

JUAN STYLE!!! And use some knobs that stay clear of the graphics, that pic is to cool to obscure with chickenheads (which also don't match the theme, some nice metal dome knobs would be just the thing...)

Thanks for letting me share my twisted opinion!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Sigesmundninja

...well, I actually got exactly THAT picture tattoed on my calf. So my vote is offcourse Bender Bending Rodríguez!

jkokura

I vote for the DAM sort. I don't know that the cartoony look suits a good Mk2.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

juansolo

Quote from: jkokura on February 20, 2012, 07:04:41 PM
I vote for the DAM sort. I don't know that the cartoony look suits a good Mk2.

Jacob

Yeah, this is Cleggy's (Marauder) argument. I can see where he's coming from. My problem is that I don't want to make yet another DAM knockoff... It seems a bit of a cop out. But I will go with the decision of the forum. Also, I'll add at this point a 3rd option: Any other ideas?

plesur

http://www.pedalenclosures.com/Products/tabid/69/c/The-Jorgan/CategoryID/7/Default.aspx

Sola Sound Style, c'cos I like this style enclosure for a 'Bender ...

marauder

If it looks like this on the inside, it should on the outside.
It sounds awesome BTW.

nzCdog

:o :o :o I'm blinded.... too... much... mojo... 8)
Can't wait to see how you box it up :)

eldanko

Though every single one of my builds is cartoonish... I actually am leaning towards the traditional look on this one.

HOWEVER...

Why not combine the two?  Go with the more traditional labeling, but sneak a smaller outline/tracing/silhouette of bender on there somewhere.  Make it look classy, but tongue in cheek.  Best of both worlds.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

juansolo

Quote from: eldanko on February 21, 2012, 02:49:25 PM
Though every single one of my builds is cartoonish... I actually am leaning towards the traditional look on this one.

HOWEVER...

Why not combine the two?  Go with the more traditional labeling, but sneak a smaller outline/tracing/silhouette of bender on there somewhere.  Make it look classy, but tongue in cheek.  Best of both worlds.

Liking this idea, let me see what I can do...

juansolo

OK, a bit of DAM style & Juan Style

The white would be transparent on a silver box.

marmaliser

^ gets my vote.  Will the grey penciled Bender show up on the enclosure though?  An where abouts in Yorkshire  :)

juansolo

Yeah, I might have to darken it slightly, but I want it to be subtle.

Nr Wakefield for me.

eldanko

Yesssssssss.  I dig.

The strikethrough on "tone" may be unnecessary imho....  but I love the overall design.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense