News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Am I being too subtle here?

Started by madbean, February 13, 2012, 02:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Or, would people find my little comments on there offensive (as madbeanpedals customers, I mean)?

Anyway, I think this one is it!

saxoftenest

jimmybjj

I don't see why they would. I like them and think they are appropriate.
Pcbs no longer available

juansolo

I called the sunkings I made Klones  :'(

Otherwise, no, think that's perfectly acceptable  ;D

EDIT: Switchable clippers?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

sgmezei

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigmufffuzzwizz

After updating (hot-rodding) I think that's a very fitting statement!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jtn191

;D me likey. I'm assuming this is about the guy who wanted to buy bundles at "educational discount" only to resell

culturejam

I doubt anyone who is a DIY builder would regard those statements as anything but humorous.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

juansolo

Quote from: jtn191 on February 13, 2012, 03:45:58 PM
;D me likey. I'm assuming this is about the guy who wanted to buy bundles at "educational discount" only to resell

Sad thing is that anyone capable of the deception he was, would just goop it and claim it as their own anyhow :(

9Lives

culturejam

Quote from: juansolo on February 13, 2012, 04:02:48 PM
Sad thing is that anyone capable of the deception he was, would just goop it and claim it as their own anyhow :(

Good point.

Madbean could instead (or in addition to) use top-layer copper text around the edges of the board. And  maybe also bottom layer as well. Kind of an added pain in the ass, but it makes it harder to mis-appropriate. You can't scratch off the copper text, even if it is covered up. And gooping top and bottom would drive up the labor cost. ;)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

madbean

You can't actually build a Klone on this board, anyway, but when has that ever stopped anyone? It's maybe 75% Klon and 25% madbean. Or, whatever numbers you like.

CJ- I thought about that copper text, actually, but making the board that much bigger would kinda mess up the enclosure fitting.

I think this is fine, so long as it doesn't put anyone off. The "no klone" thing is more directed toward the HERE'S MY KLONE ON EBAY>>>I AM PEDUL BILDER NAO, L@@@@@K crowd, not anyone here ha ha.

juansolo

Quote from: madbean on February 13, 2012, 05:11:51 PM
You can't actually build a Klone on this board, anyway,

Challenge accepted  ;)

Comfort Player

I love it...  Ripping off someones elses hard work and selling it on ebay or CL for personal gain is just plain wrong in my book. 

Supporting the DIY community and getting build and play some of the best pedal designs out there is awesome.    When can I preorder... ?
Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....