News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NOT Just another "Fuzz Face"

Started by jimmybjj, February 06, 2012, 02:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

This is my most resent addition to the ever growing collection. This fuzz includes a bias control that lights the led at -4.5 - -5.0 volts (in the video it looks like it turns on at about -4.6v but it does come on at -4.5.) This was accomplished by use of a lm393. Buy adjusting the two resistors referred to on the video you can adjust the "window" to where you want it. The tone control is lifted from Joe Gagans "Easy face" I also have a trim pot that adjusts the "contour" ala the fulltone fuzz. I used a 2n3906 and 2n404 for transistors. No where as neat of wiring as i normally do because took the board out like 50 times getting things right, i guess thats what they make breadboards for :) Sorry for the rambling and stuttering in the video :) I have a single sided layout (same as the fabbed board)  that i can release if there is interest in another fuzz face layout.

Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Wow! That is pure epicness  :o
Bit of R&D gone into that for sure!  I'd love to see your single-sided art, always wanted to build a FF... now more than ever!  8)

slimtriggers

stecykmi

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

snz728

Very interesting, how do you like the sound?

sgmezei

What a cool idea with the indicator. External biasing with visual feedback. Awesome job Jim.

jimmybjj

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Quote from: nzCdog on February 06, 2012, 02:59:05 AM
Wow! That is pure epicness  :o
Bit of R&D gone into that for sure!  I'd love to see your single-sided art, always wanted to build a FF... now more than ever!  8)

Yeah it took me a while to wrap my head around it. I'll try and get that artwork up this weekend. PM me your information and i'll just send you a board.

Quote from: snz728 on February 06, 2012, 09:16:52 PM
Very interesting, how do you like the sound?

I like it, although it isn't really different from any other hybrid fuzz face. The silicon gives it a little more bite and the "tone" control cuts some of the bass that can make it muddy, IMO.
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

bigmufffuzzwizz

I always love your layouts!! A versatile FF seems like a fun toy, I've still yet to build one. That LED feature is pretty cool, must of took a bit of research!

I'd be much appreciative if you post your single sided layout  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals