News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cold Steel Cosmopoliton

Started by lego4040, February 05, 2012, 05:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lego4040

I have to start posting builds from boards Ive etched of Madbeans designs. I just finished the Cosmopolitan up yesterday and it fired right up. What s sweet pedal, three stages of necessity in a box, I get my jfet boost, my bc109 silicon fuzz and last but most Importantly is the AC127.
I had primed it for paint and then screwed up, so I left inside but stripped it back down and lacquered it. I haven't chosen knobs but might go with small greenish ones. This is my fourth build of Madbeans and I'm going to do the mxr 117 as soon as its available. I socketed the BC 109(224 HFE) in case I wanted to up the gain, I have a BC109 w 344 HFE and another with 434. If anyone has tried it let me know, if anyone wants to know how it might sound with it let me know, Ill try it out.

nzCdog

that looks sick!  love those enclosures, details required! ;)

lego4040

30 horsepower electric motor pecock cover, shit shack knobs for now and no mojo parts except the AC 127.
PPP and mouser for parts as usual

slimtriggers

That looks awesome!  I love scavenged/re-purposed enclosures.  Next time they change out a conveyor motor at work, I'm gonna grab that cover!

k.rock!

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

Great recycling idea for the enclosure... you need to build a Chunk Chunk in one o'those bad boys... for a very heavy metal pedal! ;)

saxoftenest

The Cosmo is my favorite fuzz so far - nice looking build!

lego4040

maybe I'll get to fire it up today and play around with more, The patsyface I built is now my new go to PNP fuzz

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's a really tasty enclosure. Is this also a car part?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals