News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork barrel finally finnished (LacePIF content)

Started by badgerific, February 04, 2012, 08:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerific

Finally got this finished and boxed up. Built up the lovely board that Ian (LaceSensor) sent me as a PIF and tested it using my breakout box and it sounded lovely. Put it in the case and I had no signal, took me a good week or two to notice that I got the input and ground wires the wrong way round. Sounds lovely, highly recommend building this one up.

Thanks again Ian :)

nzCdog

WOW!  Love the enclosure badgerific...  and now I feel like peppermint candy  ;)

LaceSensor

chuffed to see the first LacePIF build.
Im glad you like it and that it worked (no etch problems).

Interesting choice of jack location

badgerific

Quote from: nzCdog on February 04, 2012, 08:52:58 PM
WOW!  Love the enclosure badgerific...  and now I feel like peppermint candy  ;)

Reminded me of these sweets as I was doing it:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1022/534542255_a2c788f664.jpg

I might do the peach and black current ones sometime for other pedals because they'd look awesome on a board together.

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 04, 2012, 09:16:53 PM
chuffed to see the first LacePIF build.
Im glad you like it and that it worked (no etch problems).

Interesting choice of jack location

The board was perfect, didn't have any problems at all with it :)

The jacks are there because it's a recycled enclosure and with the jacks in the originally drilled holes there wasn't enough room for the board sit in properly so I could put the bottom on it. The pedal is for my girlfriend who will probably only be using it in the house so it shouldn't be a huge problem with the jacks there.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

snz728

badgerific

Quote from: pickdropper on February 04, 2012, 10:31:03 PM
Yeah, that is a very cool finish.

My girlfriend painted it so I shall pass your compliment along :)

Quote from: snz728 on February 04, 2012, 11:43:44 PM
make a nice valentine's gift

Haha, yeah it looks valentiney doesn't it.

Bret608

Ha! You totally beat me to it on the Lace PIF content. Pretty funny that I'm doing a Pork Barrel too, the PIF content being some of the lovely ICs as well as the Millenium Bypass PCB and footswitch. Anyway, this looks awesome! I"m a sucker for those particular knobs and they go perfectly with the finish.

badgerific

Yeah I really like these knobs too, I don't think I'm going to buy them again though because the grub screws didn't grip at all to the pots so I had to super glue them onto the shafts.

bigmufffuzzwizz

You did such a good job on the swirls!! The way you have it all layed out is quite interested though...
I didn't realize there was a single sided layout in the document..Gonna have to make myself one of these!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals