News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller - baby build

Started by madbean, February 02, 2012, 03:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saxoftenest

FYI, the blue sparkly enclosure is impatiently waiting for this board. I shall call it the "Tardis" or "Wibbly wobbly timey wimey", I have yet to decide. I guess that'll be something to think about to pass the time... ;D

nzCdog

Mmmm good.  Are those edible enclosures?  They look tasty! ;D

jkokura

I love sparkles.

I have a pedal coming that's the PPP white sparkle custom colour. Super pricy, but it's an awesome enclosure.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Loztboy

Interesting! looks like a tight build, I like it!
The swells you create from 1:26 is created together with the guitars volum knob or volume pedal right?

G.G.

Any chance of a peek at the BOM, even if it's not final? I'm putting in a Futurlec order . . .   8)

mjcyates

madbean

Here's the schem. What's missing is a single cap after R6--it will most likely be 100n, but I will confirm once I check my breadboard again. It's to remove some of the DC noise on the mix pots.

50kA might also be a better choice for the Dwell knob, since the best action on it happens in the first half of the rotation, but linear also works fine.

It requires 1/8W resistors and multi-layer or monolithic film caps. Tanatalums for the electrolytic is also a good choice. C13 can go as low as 10uF (that's what I used).

Ettore_M

:o ! That's awesome, Brian! :) What an awesome sounding pedal! And it's in a 1590A.. F@#%ing badass! Well done!  ;)
I loved these volume swells you did in the demo! Great sound! What that only Cave Dweller and the guitar's volume? Or did you use another pedal?
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

saxoftenest

Quote from: jkokura on February 03, 2012, 04:19:13 AM
I love sparkles.

I have a pedal coming that's the PPP white sparkle custom colour. Super pricy, but it's an awesome enclosure.

Jacob
I can't pass up a good sparkle. The PPP white sparkle is awesome - I ordered some blems from them a while back, one of which ended up being a 1590BB in white sparkle with a tiny spot of black on the side. It's purty. :)

Thanks for the schem, Brian!

G.G.

Thanks Brian!  Looking forward to this, gonna try my first 1590A  :o

Quote from: madbean on February 03, 2012, 01:30:26 PM
Here's the schem.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I can't believe how good it sounds! It's just what I neeeeed...w/ tails though...
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Om_Audio

sounds really great- def will build one of these- I find it very hard to find new pedals that time adjust like tape or BB- where it sounds JUST like slowing a tape or vinyl. Hmm- 2 of these in series in an enclosure...
Sent via soup cans and string.

djaaz

These baby boards look really promising.
And actually, i'm thinking putting many of them in a 1590BB enclosure.

I was thinking to build a few modulations for bass. Could be a smart way to to do an "all in one bass effects" pedal.

lego4040

:o I will be getting my board when available ;D Brian I did my own pcb on the v1 and i dont know how similiar they are cause i havent compared the schematics yet. You said a 100n after R6, is that in series or parallel to ground. I also see your using pin 13&14 which Ill have to do a sister board for

Cannibal

hello! That's my first post here and i just want to ask you where i can add a wet effect loop. Is it possible to add it after the r6-c7 junction? And if i'm adding the effect loop there, would the first repetition be effected?