News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller - baby build

Started by madbean, February 02, 2012, 03:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Here's the finished build for the Cave Dweller, which is one of the upcoming Baby Board projects. It's a single chip, dark ambient delay. The three controls are Time, Echo and Dwell. It's a little different than other PT2399 delays in that the Echo is actually single repeat mixed with the output. The Dwell is the more heavily filtered portion of the delay and has endless repeats up to self-oscillation. The two knobs work together two create a variety of filtering and if you set it just right, the repeats will go on forever and turn into kind of a pad or drone. It sounds killer for being "medium-fi".

Anyway, this one is finished and will be released in Feb. Since the design for the etched and fabbed boards are pretty much identical, I'll actually be releasing the project documents and artwork before I get the PCBs in---something I haven't done in a long time!

sgmezei

Awesome Cute little THang!! Great looking pedal and I am stoked to hear it.

You packed a lot in there!

saxoftenest

madbean

There's a bit of DC on the two mix pots which I had noticed until I started doing this demo. Probably just needs another decoupling cap somewhere, but you get the idea.

stecykmi

delay is the best effect

amazing work brian!

eldanko

Why must you keep finding ways to separate me and my money....
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

madbean

Quote from: eldanko on February 02, 2012, 07:19:34 PM
Why must you keep finding ways to separate me and my money....

Haha, well this will be a very inexpensive build component and PCB-wise at least. Most of the baby boards will be in the $6-8 range. All in, this is probably a $35 build.

nzCdog

Wow.  :o
That is teeny tiny awesomeness!  Sounds killer!

mjcyates

I don't recall, were you going to have a baby chorus as well?

sgmezei

This sounds SOOO good. I love it Brian!!!

DuctTapeRiot

Pshaw, all you people wanting to know about the effect, when the really important question is "How did you make that amazing name plate??!!!!"

jimmybjj

Very nice Brian, I will be building this one.

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on February 02, 2012, 08:56:47 PM
Pshaw, all you people wanting to know about the effect, when the really important question is "How did you make that amazing name plate??!!!!"

Etched pcb material.
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on February 02, 2012, 08:56:47 PM
lolzors :D

DuctTapeRiot

Quote from: jimmybjj on February 02, 2012, 09:11:49 PMEtched pcb material.

Damn, well isn't that a good idea.  I think I am finally going to have to break down and get some etchant.

gtr2

ooo!!!  I'm really diggin this project.  Just when I thought I'd never need another delay. (yeah right  ;) )

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer