News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

my fabbed boards (Hot Cakes & Blender)

Started by jtn191, January 31, 2012, 10:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

Got these in a few days ago and populated them today. I left the output cap open on two for experimentation...let me know if you've heard of any Hot Cake/Bass mods

Three Hot Cakes and a Blend Circuit (SMD TL072 was a pain...)

nzCdog

Very nice...  how does the blender work... clean mix?

jtn191

yeah it's my own layout of Jacob's work here http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3414.0
I think they'd be good for ODs (Timmy?, maybe I'll try it with a Hotcake), Compressors (for some parallel compression  ;D), Fuzzes, Bass pedals...will report back when I use them

nzCdog

Hmmm interesting... be a nice idea to make an OD more dynamic?  Love a demo when you get done 8)

jkokura

Cool stuff Jeff. How much did the Blender come to per board?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jtn191

bigmufffuzzwizz

Really cool! I started trying to make some layouts in Eagle and kinda gave up for the moment..I would love to revisit it someday though.
All of you guys getting so good at it can help us!!  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Geosh

Who's schematic are you using for the hotcakes? I assume it is on the newer version based on the pres control.

I built a vero version and love it. If you have a spare board you want to sell too, let me know  ;D

sgmezei

Me too. All this talk of Hot Cakes is making me hungry for one.

jtn191

I used CultureJam's layout at FSB http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11809#p150012 (you've gotta be logged in to see it)

from the build docs it says its a blend of old and new hotcakes--so there's less odd values. I've just got the three populated boards right now & could probably spare one...but I could get some more made  ;)

jubal81

Quote from: jtn191 on February 03, 2012, 09:11:34 PM
...but I could get some more made  ;)
Count me in for one of those if you do it.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

ckim715

-Charlie

jtn191

Dorkbot
I've been asking where Josh (gtr2) gets his made to no avail. Somewhere in China I think

Geosh

Quote from: jtn191 on February 03, 2012, 09:11:34 PM
... I've just got the three populated boards right now & could probably spare one...but I could get some more made  ;)

If you had a spare then by all means, but it looks like you are playing with them. If you ever order another batch though, let me know because I would love to take one off your hands.

ckim715

checked out Dorkbot, and I am confused....
-Charlie