Main Menu

Show us your guitar!

Started by ckim715, January 26, 2012, 11:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drezdn

Cortexturizer, that tele looks awesome!

Cortexturizer

Thank you drezdn, it does! haha
I had a first rehearsal with it last night and I must say it sounds awesome, AWESOME. It is a fantastic classic rock/blues guitar with sparkly FAT cleans and even fatter leads. It definitely has the fattest tone that's still undoubtedly FENDER through and through. I highly recommend this model to anyone that likes the tele tone but finds it either piercing or just...not heavy enough. Not me, I love traditional models, I'm just sayin heh.

On a side note, If anyone has a similar guitar they should spend hours adjusting the poles of the magnets, it makes a world of difference. Mine took two days of playing and adjusting until I was satisfied. A world of difference.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

stevie1556

Not the greatest pictures, and they are old ones. Need to get some updated ones soon.

Ibanez S470. My first 'proper' guitar after a Squire Strat. I absolutely love this thing.

Yamaha Pacifica. Really dont like playing this thing, but I got it from a mate for £20, so I cant complain!

This one is a beauty! Weighs an absolute ton as well. Fernandes Vertigo :) no tone or volume knobs, just a killswitch.

Also got a BC Rich warlock. Its in bits at the moment as I want to get it repainted st the moment, but its gonna cost aboit £450 so it can wait. Looking the have the Rebel flag on it, soneone did a photoshop on it and it looked awesome! I did put a Quad rail pickup in the nech and a Bill Lawrance L500 in the bridge. Sounded amazing!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Cortexturizer

hah that Fernandes looks awesome
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

croquet hoop

I like your S470... too bad the entire S line has 24 frets now.

Thomas_H

This is what I am currently using all the time when playing guitar.

Its built out of parts (Allparts swampash body and vintage colored maple neck with palisander fretboard)
It features a tele bridge with a Twinblade-bucker, David Barfuss neck and middle Big.Mag pickup and a 5-way selector switch.
I did have the green color mixed to what I think is surf-green and I did not use filler on the body as I wanted to see the swampash structure through it.

Here are some pictures:

DIY-PCBs and projects:

GermanCdn

Nice job Thomas, really dig those knobs.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

billstein

Beautiful guitar Thomas. Everything works so well together from the color to the pickguard to the knobs. Great job.

Thomas_H

Thank you guys, I really love this guitar as it does not only look good but also plays so well.

I also do own a Squier classic vibe telecaster and an Epiphone Firebird which is extremely modded.
I do currently not own a LesPaul simply for the reason that I have not found a good sounding one I can effort and I have problems balancing them on my legs when playing sitting which I do a lot.

Oh, I also do own a DBZ Barchetta in purple which is my workroom guitar ;D
DIY-PCBs and projects:

ch1naski

Good Les Pauls are few and far between these days. Gibson has really dropped their standards.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

stevie1556

Quote from: Cortexturizer on July 12, 2013, 09:21:08 AM
hah that Fernandes looks awesome

It is! I used to work with a guy who was a guitar tech for touring bands. Apparantly, it belonged to Riggs, and used by him to record albums and on tour, plus signed by him and Rob Zombie. I used to have a lot of of band equipmentfrom him, Wes Borlands Mesa Duel Reck (serial number 97) and 4x12 cab, Wes Borlands 7 string Ibanez, Fender custom shop strat for Good Charlotte (best strat I've ever played, actually best guitsr I've played), and quite a few others. I stupidly sold all of it years ago, made a lot of money from it as I needed a new car, now regret selling them. The Fernandes I've kept, I don't play it (still has the original strings on it), but I just can't sell it as I dont want that empty feeling in a couple of years.

Quote from: croquet hoop on July 12, 2013, 10:03:07 AM
I like your S470... too bad the entire S line has 24 frets now.

Yep, totally agree. Just got et an older one and you will be fine :)

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

soldersqueeze

My telecaster is my main squeeze, and after nearly ten years I thought I'd change some things around. Sadly I haven't got any money at the moment, so I was limited to using whatever we had around the house/ workshop.
I went from this-

To the tele on the right (on the left is my Squier Bronco VI)

The lack of funds meant that I couldn't get the pickups I wanted yet, so I modded the body to accept the right styles so I don't have to do it later. At the moment the neck pickup is a rail 'bucker hidden under an undrilled JM cover I bought as a curiosity some time ago. The wood is still scarred from paint removal. I've stripped a few Squiers, but I've never come up against anything like this paint job. It was diamond coated adamantium all the way. Now coated in a few layers of Tru Oil. Loving it!

fendman

These are my axes, the oldest being the original Fender Bullit Deluxe and believe it or not my favourite.. I bought it in 1982, next is the strat 2002 model which I have had about two years  and the last a 2009 Les Paul Studio about a year old it has done nothing and being honest requires a complete set up.

I also put my old acoustic Ovation Viper picture in there as well, sadly had to sell it for the old story...yes the cash :(

Anyway here they are...excuse the Line 6 POD 300 :-[

Thomas_H

Cool, I love guitars that stand out (meaning the bullet) and especially telecasters :-)
DIY-PCBs and projects:

fendman

Quote from: Thomas_H on July 15, 2013, 05:33:30 PM
Cool, I love guitars that stand out (meaning the bullet) and especially telecasters :-)

Thanks Thomas, It has been said Fender had plenty of stock Telecaster necks so they put them on the Bullet model, I don't know if it was true. I can tell you the neck on my Bullet is beautiful even the profile of the guitar says Telecaster. It is also a lot lighter than the strat.

The Bullet was aimed at the young end of the market, hence they were cheaper to buy...but this didnt in anyway make them less desirable. You can get upwards of £300 on a good day  for them now. I think mine was £82 it seemed a lot at the time :)

Mike