News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Built this Phaser till i can get "Stage Fright" I'm pretty happy w/ this layout

Started by jimmybjj, January 22, 2012, 04:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

This is a phase 45 sounds really nice just a hair subtle. It'll due until Brian comes out with his phaser. This is the first time( i think) i have used a full face decal with the powder coating. I didn't wait long enough for the decal to dry and there is a orange peel effect on the surface but it still looks pretty good, just not perfect. Finish is dormant orange so there is load of metallic in the finish.
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Crikey Jim, you are churning those pedals out!  Another excellent build and pcb! 8)

raulduke

Lovely stuff again mate.

Your builds are always such high quality. I'm kind of tempted by a powder coating kit as well after seeing all the colours you have been churning out recently!

sgmezei

Nice build. I dig the star trek logo. The finish looks great too. I love the board though, you really are getting a little board collection going! Right on man.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimmybjj

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Quote from: nzCdog on January 22, 2012, 08:04:21 PM
Crikey Jim, you are churning those pedals out!  Another excellent build and pcb! 8)

I really enjoy the process of building these. But i am going to have to slow down, the better half is getting irritated i am spending so much time in the garage, understandably :)

Quote from: raulduke on January 22, 2012, 10:56:58 PM
Lovely stuff again mate.

Your builds are always such high quality. I'm kind of tempted by a powder coating kit as well after seeing all the colours you have been churning out recently!

Do it, if you have the space available. PC is so much more consistent, the results look really good, and the durability is a lot better than your standard spray can paint.
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Quote from: jimmybjj on January 23, 2012, 11:43:09 AM
I really enjoy the process of building these. But i am going to have to slow down, the better half is getting irritated i am spending so much time in the garage, understandably :)
lol!  Fair enough, its easy enough to get carried away... now my pedal board is full I feel less compulsive about pedal building than before :D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

DuctTapeRiot

Very nice work, that is a sexy orange!

For the full face decal, did you do: Color Powder Coat -> decal -> Clear powder coat
or   Color Powder Coat ->  Clear powder coat -> decal??

I am really wanting to try powder coating, but I would like to find some decals that will hold up to being baked with the clear coat over top.  I might be way out to lunch on this one, not sure if it is even possible.

jimmybjj

Thanks guys.

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on January 24, 2012, 11:20:11 PM
Very nice work, that is a sexy orange!

For the full face decal, did you do: Color Powder Coat -> decal -> Clear powder coat
or   Color Powder Coat ->  Clear powder coat -> decal??

I am really wanting to try powder coating, but I would like to find some decals that will hold up to being baked with the clear coat over top.  I might be way out to lunch on this one, not sure if it is even possible.

Color Powder Coat -> decal -> Clear powder coat
I am using regular water decals. I have only got one pedal what i consider "perfect" when using the decals but they almost all look good.
Pcbs no longer available

DuctTapeRiot

Thanks Jimmy, I also re-read the Powder Coating tutorial thread (it has been busy!) and there is lots of discussion about using labels there.