News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dory Delay - Pixar Series - (Sea Urchin content)

Started by eldanko, January 21, 2012, 03:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

I've been sort of lax about posting my builds lately, but I'm pretty proud of this little fella!  This is the latest in my series of Pixar-themed pedals (as seen here:http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2428.0).  It's a Sea Urchin delay made on a board etched by our own Haberdasher - which is excellent, by the way.  I kept everything stock build-wise, but added an infinite feedback switch at the suggestion of tyronethebig.

I LOVE THIS THING.

I'm currently running it in stereo with my Dirtbag (pics of that coming soon) and having a blast.  Well worth the build.  Thanks Bean!

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

sgmezei

Literally watched that last night with the Lady. She had never seen it.

nzCdog

Very cool build... 8) (Even tho I'm actually allergic to Dory :-[ )

raulduke

Excellente build.

I like the colour of the enclosure; mind spilling the beans on what it is?

Got one of these to build up myself. Just need a PT2399 chip. Haberdashers boards are really good.

eldanko

Thanks for the compliments, friends.  Dory likes to repeat herself.  yuk yuk yuk

raulduke - It's "Blue Snuffer Water" from Pedal Parts Plus.  I'm using them for pretty much all of my enclosures at this point... they just look great, and having them powdercoat stuff costs me about the same as buying a can of paint and spraying it myself.

raulduke

Its a really cool finish mate.

Yeah I'm pretty envious of you US guys with PPP.

Theres nothing similar in the UK/Europe and their shipping rates are to high to justify an order.

Diamond

Another excellent build! Is that the same infinite feedback switch as on Tonepad's Rebote build instructions?

TNblueshawk

John

gtr2

very cool Dane

yet another excellent build  ;D

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eldanko

Ah... for what it's worth, PPP shipping prices aren't that great in the states, but I would imagine they're quite worse internationally.  Next time I hop across the sea I'll pack some enclosures for ya.   ;)

The infinite feedback switch is just a momentary (normally off) that's connected to lugs 2 and 3 of the feedback pot, so as long as you're holding it down it's like maxing out the knob.  It's pretty neat in that the repeats die off almost immediately after taking your foot off...

Thanks again guys.

LaceSensor

Quote from: raulduke on January 21, 2012, 07:34:20 PM
Its a really cool finish mate.

Yeah I'm pretty envious of you US guys with PPP.

Theres nothing similar in the UK/Europe and their shipping rates are to high to justify an order.

Hi
You can get powdercoated hammond boxes from Rapid Electronics.

raulduke

Yeah I've seen those before mate. Kind of boring colours compared to whats available at PPP though!

The prices are pretty scary to IMO.

I think I'll just stick with good old hammerite untill I take the plunge with a powder coating kit.

Vivaeddie

Quote from: eldanko on January 21, 2012, 03:12:23 AM
but added an infinite feedback switch at the suggestion of tyronethebig.

Hi! could you kindly publish a diagram or drawing of the connection on the switch? which components or switch should I use? Thanks

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

eldanko

Quote from: GrindCustoms on September 28, 2012, 11:15:07 PM
Love everything about this built, super nice! 8)

Hey, thanks Rej!  Means a lot coming from you!

Quote from: Vivaeddie on September 28, 2012, 09:10:32 PM
Hi! could you kindly publish a diagram or drawing of the connection on the switch? which components or switch should I use? Thanks

If I recall correctly, I just connected the two terminals on the (normally open) SPST switch to terminals 1 and 2 on the repeats pot.  You can confirm that by just jumpering the pot lugs with a lead while the effect is engaged before soldering them.