News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2-in-1 Suggestions?

Started by thetrend77, January 19, 2012, 07:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrend77

I'm thinking about making a 2-in-1 pedal and I'm not sure what to build yet. I have an unpopulated Serendipity (Zen Drive) board, so I was thinking maybe a Zen Drive and a Wampler Plexidrive combo? Or maybe a Plexidrive/SHO combo?

I'm kinda leaning towards a low gain/med-high gain combo (something like the T1M Pearl, JHS Sweet Tea or Double Barrel, etc), but I don't want to use a TS-style OD since I already have that.

Any suggestions (it doesn't have to be any of the ones I named lol)? Oh, and I don't do etching, so it would have to be something I could find a vero layout for :P

sockeye

I'm preparing to build a 2-in-1 which will have an Orange Squeezer and SHO clone in one housing. One external knob for each, plus a switch that will allow you to change the order of the effects. Driving the SHO really hard into the OS can be pretty cool. The huge volume boost gets compressed but slowly released, creating loooooong sustain. And running the OS into the SHO can be cool as well, probably a more useable everyday configuration.

jkokura

What about a fuzz? If you went with a fuzz into a drive that would be pretty handy, wouldn't it? I'd say the Buzzaround or some other type of Tonebender would be pretty cool to play with.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

thetrend77

Quote from: sockeye on January 19, 2012, 07:43:20 PM
I'm preparing to build a 2-in-1 which will have an Orange Squeezer and SHO clone in one housing. One external knob for each, plus a switch that will allow you to change the order of the effects. Driving the SHO really hard into the OS can be pretty cool. The huge volume boost gets compressed but slowly released, creating loooooong sustain. And running the OS into the SHO can be cool as well, probably a more useable everyday configuration.

Do you have a diagram showing how to do the order switch? I found something on the Beavis Audio page, but it was for one that you use as a looper (send/receive jacks) to put 2 pedals into.

Quote from: jkokura on January 19, 2012, 08:02:30 PM
What about a fuzz? If you went with a fuzz into a drive that would be pretty handy, wouldn't it? I'd say the Buzzaround or some other type of Tonebender would be pretty cool to play with.

Jacob

Eh, I'm not really much of a fuzz fan, plus I already have a Zombii that I built. Unless someone would know where to get a vero layout for a Musket Fuzz. That's pretty much the only fuzz I've heard that I liked, mostly since it sounded more like a distortion than a fuzz lol

marmaliser

There is a Musket vero on FSB but it is almost a two in one pedal anyway.  A Muff with a (non switchable) boost... Great pedal though :)

juansolo

Where's your sense of adventure? 3 in 1 ;)  Box of madness:

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

thetrend77

You mean 4 in 1? :P

Any other suggestions for good OD pairings?

sockeye

Quote from: thetrend77 on January 19, 2012, 08:15:55 PM

Do you have a diagram showing how to do the order switch? I found something on the Beavis Audio page, but it was for one that you use as a looper (send/receive jacks) to put 2 pedals into.

There is a diagram here that shows how to do this using a 3PDT. You'll need a 4PDT a la Beavis if you want to add an LED (or two).

juansolo

Quote from: thetrend77 on January 19, 2012, 08:31:44 PM

3.5 (the LFO is an add-on to the Ugly Face).
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

thetrend77

Quote from: juansolo on January 19, 2012, 08:42:17 PM

3.5 (the LFO is an add-on to the Ugly Face).

Ah, touche then lol

thetrend77

Quote from: sockeye on January 19, 2012, 08:36:54 PM
Quote from: thetrend77 on January 19, 2012, 08:15:55 PM

There is a diagram here that shows how to do this using a 3PDT. You'll need a 4PDT a la Beavis if you want to add an LED (or two).

I'm sure this would work for that, right?  http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=708

the3secondrule

A rat and a hotcake make a pretty killer combination...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

plesur

A Macheen makes an interesting pair to a fuzz or distortion as it's pretty strange on it's own.

jkokura

What about the screwdriver circuit? It's a very overdrive like fuzz...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

I'm planning a combination of a Madbean Green Bean and an EgoDriver, in one of those new Hammond trapezoid enclosures. Should be a good combination with Mr Marshall....... Green Bean board is already done (no pots or wires yet), EgoDriver is next. Enclosure should be in next week, but I also have to make some time for the Mouser ordering tutorial thread. Man, this forum keeps me busy!  ;)
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"