News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New pedals at NAMM 2012

Started by Mich P, January 18, 2012, 06:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mich P

raulduke

The new Catalinbread stuff looks cool; as usual  :)

jtn191

lol @ Zvex and Catalinbread making stuff for J Mascis
The vex Double Rock actually sounds like a creative use of versatile combinations/switching

even though it's still SHOs  :D

Mich P

Wanna know more about :
WAY HUGE supa-puss
ZVEX Sonar
Mich P.

Scruffie

There's a write up of the Sonar already on Vexs Site.

The Aqua puss seems pretty self explanitory, Wow & Flutter Controls for modulation, Grit I guess adds in some light clipping or something simmilar, Filter is probably just a low pass filter control to take it from a dark to bright delay. Then just tap tempo with a delay tails feature.
Works at Lectric-FX

Mich P

Ok thanks SCRUFFIE
I gonna check that !
Mich P.

cjkbug

jack devilles diy 8 loop clicless bypas switcher w 64 presets sonds awesome
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

raulduke

Yeah I thought the Double Rock looked like a pretty neato idea.

It seems like a cooler variant on the Analogman King of Tone double boost/overdrive theme.

We could all probably build one for ourselves on this forum(SHO and Distortron circuits switchable by DPDT Toggle with a master 3PDT bypass x2), but cramming it all into a 1590B wouldn't be much fun for me!

Are Dinosaur Jr a big band in the US? The guy seems to have loads of signature gear and I don't really know much about them.

Quite a lot of cool announcements this year so far; the Arturia Analogue synth looks really interesting.

jkokura

I'm quite intrigued by the looper from Pigtronix personally. Looks like a super versatile weapon of choice actually. As soon as I see some demos I'm going to be planning that acquisition, so I'm avoiding my youtube channel for now.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stecykmi

Hmm the new pigtronix looper looks interesting. I'll have to try it out, maybe buy it as a graduation present to myself if it's cool, haha. I bet it's super expensive though, pigtronix stuff usually is.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I should be there right now, every year the company I'm with goes and I always find out the day before making it to late to get on the list. But I guess there's a vintage guitar/amp/pedal trade show this weekend I'll be at with my local music shop.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Scruffie

Earth Quaker Devices Organiser... literally creaming my self from the description.
Works at Lectric-FX

jtn191

Quote from: raulduke on January 19, 2012, 05:53:27 PM

Are Dinosaur Jr a big band in the US? The guy seems to have loads of signature gear and I don't really know much about them.

Not really big but like Sonic Youth, they've got a cult following. Everyone who's heard of them knows J's a great guitar player--he has a reputation of being boring in interviews to avoid annoying questions, is an avid Big Muff collector, and is supposedly kind of a "controlling-jerk" of a musician. My favorite band said J Mascis was "in the same league as Hendrix". Check out Beyond & Farm for newer more accessible stuff or You're Living All Over Me for their noisiest best

also...New Klon:

raulduke

Thanks for the Heads up Jeff.

Sonic Youth are a pretty big band in the UK; as they should be, and I have a few of their albums.

If Dinosaur Jnr are on a similar keel I might check em out.

I'm intrigued by the new Klon. Haven't listened to that audio, but it looks like its in a standard 1590BB enclosure?

thetrend77

I'm not at all impressed by the new Klon.