News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

September release update

Started by madbean, September 22, 2024, 12:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I've updated the Projects Page with the expected releases for this month. It's another huge round and will release by the end of Sept.

There will still be some more updated older projects for Oct but most of the focus for the remainder of the year will be brand new projects. And, there are many coming!

After this round in Sept. I'm gonna put the wife to work on getting the store updated finally.

jimilee

Is this like September September or Madbean September-ish?

Also, the Tone Virus is listed twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Quote from: jimilee on September 22, 2024, 02:01:45 AMIs this like September September or Madbean September-ish?

Haha, no Sept actual time. Believe it or not I've stuck to my release schedule the last 2-3 months.

I'll delete the extra entry, thanks Jimi. Also a Degenerator is coming your way. I did not forget.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on September 22, 2024, 02:08:04 AM
Quote from: jimilee on September 22, 2024, 02:01:45 AMIs this like September September or Madbean September-ish?

Haha, no Sept actual time. Believe it or not I've stuck to my release schedule the last 2-3 months.

I'll delete the extra entry, thanks Jimi. Also a Degenerator is coming your way. I did not forget.
Yeah, but it's fun to give you the business. 🤣 the octave multiplexer in a 125b is something g I need to build, too. 😜

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

BricksnBeatles

Looking forward to the drop!

Any chance you can update the archives with the docs for all of the pre-"2024 update" versions of the boards from the past few releases and the most recently discontinued 1590a boards?

Im trying to tackle my backlog, and realized I don't have many of the docs downloaded

madbean

Quote from: BricksnBeatles on September 22, 2024, 03:18:42 AMLooking forward to the drop!

Any chance you can update the archives with the docs for all of the pre-"2024 update" versions of the boards from the past few releases and the most recently discontinued 1590a boards?

Im trying to tackle my backlog, and realized I don't have many of the docs downloaded

Yes, I will do that for sure. In the meantime email me with any project docs you are lacking and I will get them to you right away.

xconverge

I can be patient and wait for it to come up/docs showup... but SludgeHammer says - 2024 revision, did anything change in the BoM or enclosure spacing/drill template for this? I had an enclosure drilled and BoM purchased (to save on shipping for a few projects at once) for the previous rev of docs (2021?) and am wondering if I will need/want to buy a new enclosure or other parts?

Thanks!

madbean

Quote from: xconverge on September 22, 2024, 11:16:36 PMI can be patient and wait for it to come up/docs showup... but SludgeHammer says - 2024 revision, did anything change in the BoM or enclosure spacing/drill template for this? I had an enclosure drilled and BoM purchased (to save on shipping for a few projects at once) for the previous rev of docs (2021?) and am wondering if I will need/want to buy a new enclosure or other parts?

Thanks!

I'll check the drill template but it should be very very close. The vast majority of the updates are just changing out for new library parts and moving the drill spots slightly to a millimeter grid. If there too much movement I will get you one of the previous boards. The new SludgeHammer does include a bypass board - that's the only "circuit" change I think.

xconverge

Quote from: madbean on September 23, 2024, 12:53:23 AM
Quote from: xconverge on September 22, 2024, 11:16:36 PMI can be patient and wait for it to come up/docs showup... but SludgeHammer says - 2024 revision, did anything change in the BoM or enclosure spacing/drill template for this? I had an enclosure drilled and BoM purchased (to save on shipping for a few projects at once) for the previous rev of docs (2021?) and am wondering if I will need/want to buy a new enclosure or other parts?

Thanks!

I'll check the drill template but it should be very very close. The vast majority of the updates are just changing out for new library parts and moving the drill spots slightly to a millimeter grid. If there too much movement I will get you one of the previous boards. The new SludgeHammer does include a bypass board - that's the only "circuit" change I think.

Thanks, sounds good!

I always put the pots in the drilled enclosure and then fit the finished pcb to it before soldering them all. This method I have made work even when I forgot to print at 100% scale so if it is remotely close I don't for-see any issues, it is super forgiving, even for a tight build like this one!

It is also a bare aluminum enclosure, so nothing fancy like predrilled/powder coated/uv printed, so I am not in it for too much :)

madbean

Quote from: xconverge on September 23, 2024, 03:04:22 AMThanks, sounds good!

I always put the pots in the drilled enclosure and then fit the finished pcb to it before soldering them all. This method I have made work even when I forgot to print at 100% scale so if it is remotely close I don't for-see any issues, it is super forgiving, even for a tight build like this one!

It is also a bare aluminum enclosure, so nothing fancy like predrilled/powder coated/uv printed, so I am not in it for too much :)

Here's the overlay. The red outlines are the new drill spots. You can see the bottom row of pots is slightly lower. However, if you have a drill you can overdrill each of the 6 pots just slightly larger and I believe it will fit. But, the bypass LED is in a different place, too. If that's too much hassle, I'll get a small batch of the old boards for you on my next manufacturing order.

You cannot view this attachment.

xconverge

Just checked my closet, I didn't drill for the LED because I was only concerned about fit/tolerances everywhere else! The bottom row of pots is a nonissue I think, will put a slight bend in the leads. And bypass switch seems workable. So I am in for the new board, thanks!

xconverge

Totally random too... but the shopping list for the sludgehammer has 4x 2u2 electrolytics listed (at least in the previous rev of the doc), but only actually needs 3

I was just looking through my components for a 2.2uf capacitor for a different project and got lucky with this typo to have a spare laying around, so I was appreciative of it, but figured if you are revving the doc you may want it up to date.

madbean

Quote from: xconverge on September 23, 2024, 11:12:15 PMTotally random too... but the shopping list for the sludgehammer has 4x 2u2 electrolytics listed (at least in the previous rev of the doc), but only actually needs 3

I was just looking through my components for a 2.2uf capacitor for a different project and got lucky with this typo to have a spare laying around, so I was appreciative of it, but figured if you are revving the doc you may want it up to date.

Thanks for that. There are a few other doc updates that are due so I will get all those taken care of. I'm shooting for Saturday for release. I have 5 projects that are being rebuilt and those are almost done.

madbean

Okay, we're on beantime now. Still working on project docs. It's a haul but we'll see how far I can get over the next few days.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on September 28, 2024, 11:09:10 PM

Okay, we're on beantime now. Still working on project docs. It's a haul but we'll see how far I can get over the next few days.
🤣🤣🤣 it's all good man, do your thang!