News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BYOC is shutting down

Started by culturejam, September 17, 2024, 12:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

End of an era, lads. I built my first ever pedal in 2006 from a BYOC kit (Distortion + clone). And the forum was pretty much the nicest place you could hope to find for building pedals. I hope Keith and family are moving on to something better for them.

I saw the news on reddit, but apparently they sent out an email announcement, along with a 40% off coupon code. So maybe take advantage of the sale and send off BYOC in style?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

TNblueshawk

Damn. It's hard to put into words what I owe them considering where it has and still is taking me in this hobby. I wondered why a lot of their stuff was out of stock for so long.
John

jessenator

Quote40% off EVERYTHING!
Enter Code:
GOODBYEBYOC
Hopefully it's okay I post it for anyone not on the email list.

Sad to see them go :(
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

dont-tase-me-bro

The first thing I ever built was the BYOC "confidence builder" which was basically a switch and a pot.  Doesn't really do anything but served its purpose and was a great idea for a kit
I thought this would save me money.

madbean

Very sad to hear this news. BYOC was a pioneer in the diy pedal community.

jimilee

I too got my start with a confidence booster and an opticomp. I was just looking for a compressor not a hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hefty

My first builds also from BYOC, couple of differant fuzz pedals. I also built one of the tube amp kits. I also found out about Madbean and Brian on that forum. sad day

oeslicoalfin

I started with BYOC (and GGG) kits in 2007. I think I've built all the things from both. I wish Keith and his clan well, too.

geekmacdaddy

peAk

Damn, my first build was also a BYOC Reverb  :(

Beedoola

Sad. I think GGG was my first build but I did some on BYOC. Like Culturejam, I think I starting building kits around that time.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

Quote from: jkokura on Today at 09:17:50 PMThis bums me out.

Jacob
Hey Jacob!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.