News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Glasshole 2024

Started by Hi-Deff, September 07, 2024, 04:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi-Deff

I just finished building the Glasshole 2024.  THERE IS AN ERROR IN THE SHOPPING LIST AND SPREADSHEET. THIS CIRCUIT REQUIRES 17 OF THE SMALL 4K7 RESISTORS, NOT 16 AS CALLED FOR AND ONLY 3 OF THE REGULAR SIZED 4K7.  Most of the small resistors that I used are 1/6W because they are more available at Mouser. 

I added a blend switch based on Aleph Null's Bananafanafophasor https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=34917.msg333155#msg333155.  It's a nice addition.  I think it would be possible to fit a mini pot on the backside if the Tappy jack were omitted (I plugged headphones into that thing and didn't hear anything anyway... Bad joke).  Mounting it might be challenging but that's what 3D printers are for.

It's a good phaser.

Hi-Deff

Quote from: Hi-Deff on September 07, 2024, 04:52:50 PMI just finished building the Glasshole 2024.  THERE IS AN ERROR IN THE SHOPPING LIST AND SPREADSHEET. THIS CIRCUIT REQUIRES 17 OF THE SMALL 4K7 RESISTORS, NOT 16 AS CALLED FOR AND ONLY 3 OF THE REGULAR SIZED 4K7.  Most of the small resistors that I used are 1/6W because they are more available at Mouser. 

I added a blend switch based on Aleph Null's Bananafanafophasor https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=34917.msg333155#msg333155.  It's a nice addition.  I think it would be possible to fit a mini pot on the backside if the Tappy jack were omitted (I plugged headphones into that thing and didn't hear anything anyway... Bad joke).  Mounting it might be challenging but that's what 3D printers are for.

It's a good phaser.
You cannot view this attachment.

Hi-Deff

I'm trying to upload some photos but I don't know what I'm doing.  Let's see if this works.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Hi-Deff

You cannot view this attachment.

madbean

Looks good...wait,WHAT IS THAT CRAZY CONTRAPTION?

I'll fix the BOM, thanks.

Hi-Deff

It's a hand held tesla coil.  Good fun.

satchmo1991

Dude, this looks awesome! Great job, man.

derevaun

Aleph Null

Looks really good! I'm surprised how well the gold knobs work with the grey.

Hi-Deff

Quote from: Aleph Null on September 09, 2024, 01:30:03 AMLooks really good! I'm surprised how well the gold knobs work with the grey.

It's the height of 60's space fashion.  This is Captain Kirk's personal phaser.  Dude plays a mean guitar.

jessenator

Nice work! Love the Star Trek livery/theme
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]