News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingmaker

Started by MIYTADJ, August 26, 2024, 06:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIYTADJ

I recently etched my own for this one. I used the mn3207/mn3102 combo. Unfortunately I have no TL062 and no TL022. What I did have is lm358 and some lm1458n's. I used the layout below.
  For iC1 and IC2 I used a 1458 and IC5 a LM358. Are these IC's even usable in this circuit. With my limited knowledge and a bit of research I know they are used in some LFO circuits so I had hoped just maybe. But no luck. Audio tracing I do get a Faint signal at the output. But taking voltage measurements I get nothing even close to what is listed in the Kingmaker build docs. Most readings in the mV region so I think I obviously have some more to troubleshoot but am I wasting my time if I'm using the wrong IC's?
  And would the set up be the same as stated in the build docs IF I can use them?

jwin615

I don't think it's an issue with your opamps, at least in terms of your power issue. Though, when it comes to LFOs, not all opamps are equal. I forget exactly what/why but I think it's relative to input and output stages of the opamps.
If your voltages are off, it's likely a short or an incorrect value.
Check your power at your DC input. Your PSU could even be going into shutdown/protect.
Did you etch it out use stripboard? Definitely wouldn't use stripboard for any circuit with bbds or a lfo, personally.

Might want to ask over at diysb and post some photos. This sub is for assistance with store purchased PCBs btw.

jimilee

Quote from: jwin615 on August 27, 2024, 02:37:42 PMI don't think it's an issue with your opamps, at least in terms of your power issue. Though, when it comes to LFOs, not all opamps are equal. I forget exactly what/why but I think it's relative to input and output stages of the opamps.
If your voltages are off, it's likely a short or an incorrect value.
Check your power at your DC input. Your PSU could even be going into shutdown/protect.
Did you etch it out use stripboard? Definitely wouldn't use stripboard for any circuit with bbds or a lfo, personally.

Might want to ask over at diysb and post some photos. This sub is for assistance with store purchased PCBs btw.
I don't necessarily agree, we will help with just about anything. Was it a madbean layout? Pictures Will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

MIYTADJ

Thank you both for your replies. My power supply seems to be working fine when checked maybe a little on the low side of it's stated output voltage , which (if I'm correct ) once plugged in would drop down a little more in voltage.... (maybe but not positive on that ) but going further on that possibility if that is the case maybe it's not able to supply what the circuit needs but I'm guessing it's more likely something with my layout
   Side note : I have no stripboard and take strip board layouts and rework them to etch on copper clad with almost 100% success trying to eliminate as many jumpers as I can and if possible shrink down the board size.

Jimilee
No it's not a madbean layout I was just looking for some help and/or info and posted this on a few different blogs
   I know pics are a big help but I kinda purposely did'nt post pics because I'm outta work at the moment and I cannibalize circuit boards I find for parts in my builds having to solder cut-off leads to parts I want to use and that makes the build look really really ugly and I assumed that would be the first thing everyone would focus on rather than my questions. I've done this on a few smaller builds with success. but this one is pretty big. I built probably over 200 circuits that I've etched and 70-80 store bought pcb's but not one flanger so went on a quest looking for one I could build with supplies on hand. Oddly I find very few DIY layouts for flangers my thought was that they're a bit more complicated to build and maybe not as easy to layout for DIY'ers to do but that's just my guess.
  If you think pictures would help I could try and get a few up probably help posting my changed layout with the original as there could be a possibility of a mistake when I redrew it

So for right now I'll do that and get some pics of mine as soon as I can.
Again thanks guys for your time I really appreciate the help.

P.S. my knowledge of electronics is for shit . I do try and educate myself but it's extremely slow going and there is a lot I just can't grasp BUT following directions I can do just fine with which is why I use others hard work on layouts to build and have had a great time and many more successes than failures which keeps me building as many ans as often as I can. I know I'll never stop building pedals no matter how much my wife tells me "Don't you think you have enough pedals?" or "That's all you do what about me?".
 I never hear my pedals say that about her

I apologize to anyone if by doing so crossed some lines . There other blogs that seem to allow help for basically any build from anyone and assumed this to be the same.

AND I was just getting ready to upload my layout pic but only see an option to "insert an image " which asks for a URL how do I upload a pic saved on my desktop?