News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Batwing mod?

Started by Pish, August 15, 2024, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pish

I'm just a bodger/builder, no real electronics knowledge.

Would it be possible to;
a) Add a vactrol where it is labeled CV, so that the Envelope section of the pedal could control an other pedal that has an expression input?

b) Add a switch jack where i have drawn, so that a different signal can trigger the envelope?

Cheers

madbean

Quote from: Pish on August 15, 2024, 05:42:48 PMI'm just a bodger/builder, no real electronics knowledge.

Would it be possible to;
a) Add a vactrol where it is labeled CV, so that the Envelope section of the pedal could control an other pedal that has an expression input?

b) Add a switch jack where i have drawn, so that a different signal can trigger the envelope?

Cheers

If you want to use the envelope to control another pedal, I would take the output from pin7 of IC2. Everything after that is used specifically to tailor the envelope signal for current control on the Iabc pins of the LM13700. From pin7, you could add an additional transistor driver to power the LED of a vactrol and then use its associated LDR as a variable resistor to control something else.

You can add a jack for an alternate trigger signal. Just wire it to switched mono so that it disconnects from C2 when a plug is inserted.

Pish

Thanks for the reply.
What transistor should I use and how would I wire it to the LED?
Cheers