News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Project Suggestions

Started by satchmo1991, August 02, 2024, 11:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchmo1991

About 6 years ago I bought a 2017 Moodring PCB and got as far as the pictures indicate before I realized I was missing a component and I never came back to it, unfortunately. I was just getting into electronics at the time and probably bit off more than I could chew at the time, but now I have much more experience and better equipment and really want to get back into making pedals. I figure if I am going to buy a PCB, I may as well go ahead and get 3 or 4 of them at the same time, and I am looking for suggestions. I will very likely be giving one away to my friend for his birthday, and he is a lead electric guitarist. I am thinking about Bearhug for him. Other than that, I really don't care about the effect as I am mostly interested in getting into the hobby and learning more about electronics, so if it's a fuzz, delay, compressor, eq...don't really care. I am just hoping some of you could point me towards some good boards that I can get started with and learn a thing or two. Thank you all very much in advance for the help!

jimilee

I just finished the transponder, pretty easy delay and it sounds great. The laureate jr is pretty simple looking, and any of the muffs. I would go with a big muffin variant first then move on to phasers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

satchmo1991

Thank you for the suggestions, jimilee! I'll go look at those now!