News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A boy and his …electronic dog - MBP Sparkplug rev1

Started by jessenator, July 13, 2024, 07:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Working through my backlog of boards, I remembered I received this PiF from blearyeyes this last holiday, so I set to work. Sparkplug. Well, given my fixation with Fallout, the first thing that came to mind was actually Sparks from Fallout 4's Automotron DLC, but then I decided to play to type and pick an eyebot from New Vegas :P

ED-E

A pre-war relic, sent from the east, detouring in Chicago before finally making its way towards Navarro: the last bastion (fight me) of the Enclave. ED-E took a .308 round cruising down through the Mojave, before being picked up by passing courier who picked it up and dropped it off at the Mojave Express office in Primm. In the hands of another, it would be repaired to working order and accompany the fated "Courier Six" on their journeys. Companion, pack mule, defender, eDog, it was the only one who never complained about the questionable actions carried out by the courier, with them until the end.

This one was comparatively spur-of-the-moment, which thankfully came out 99% as intended. I suspect one of monojack holes was milled slightly larger than the other, hence the asymmetrical protrusions. I think it just slipped over the annular ring on the input jack.

I toyed with a few enclosure color options, but when looking at Tayda's "cream", I converted the approximate Pantone to HEX and that sealed the deal: #EDE9AD I kid you not.

Thanks for looking.

djaaz

jessenator

Quote from: djaaz on July 13, 2024, 09:41:57 PMReally cool. Each time.

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with it.

I guess I didn't really comment on the circuit itself, reading it again, heh.

I do like the overdrive quite a bit. I know it's an oldie, but I do appreciate moving the bass and mid controls to trimmers in the rev. 1. I went with the intended IRF transistors, since blearyeyes kindly included them, and first time figured why not keep it vanilla. Sounds great and I might build something like it again.