News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Review Request of a schematic / eagle file

Started by Jay, July 08, 2024, 03:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hey all, hoping someone could check my work real quick here and make sure it'll be ok before I send it off to fabrication. It's a benson pre-amp based on the pedal pcb schematic. I modified the parts connected to the potentiometer. He had a 2 meg dual gang pot in there bc apparently a 2meg log pot is hard for some to find. I made changes so it should keep the tone stack on that pot (bass control) and just use a 1M linear. Basically I halved the resistor values and doubled the cap values around the pot.

madbean

Those trace widths look quite thin. Are they 5 or 6 mil? My personal preference is 10mil for audio and 24mil for DC.

jessenator

Quote from: madbean on July 08, 2024, 10:58:09 PMThose trace widths look quite thin. Are they 5 or 6 mil? My personal preference is 10mil for audio and 24mil for DC.
+1 for this ^^^

Jay

Thanks I'll adjust! Also I missed the source going to ground on q1 as well. Just noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jessenator

One other thing that's been in my head is the DRC rules for whomever you're sending this to for fabrication. Should be easily found with an internet search.

E.g. I searched for "eagle drc file jlcpcb" and got a 2-layer file that I've been using for a while now for things I send to JLC.

That'll help to make sure your files aren't kicked back because of incorrect spacing or borders—the ground plane and those two pads at the bottom look really close to the edge of the board boundaries, mainly.

Jay

Quote from: jessenator on July 09, 2024, 04:45:15 PMOne other thing that's been in my head is the DRC rules for whomever you're sending this to for fabrication. Should be easily found with an internet search.

E.g. I searched for "eagle drc file jlcpcb" and got a 2-layer file that I've been using for a while now for things I send to JLC.

That'll help to make sure your files aren't kicked back because of incorrect spacing or borders—the ground plane and those two pads at the bottom look really close to the edge of the board boundaries, mainly.
Yeah luckily I found them a while back. I've made a few boards years ago, but basically forgot just about everything I learned then. Good call on adjusting the pads as well. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro