News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Mini Mu

Started by pedalbob, July 08, 2024, 01:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedalbob

I also noticed that in your build document you show the non-latching relay and single jumper ... I used the latching relay and 2 jumpers in my 3 builds.
Has anyone had success with the latching relay ?   

pedalbob

All out of things I could come up with to try ... and lack of suggestions from others ... so I finally brute forced this.  Ditched the VFE power supply/switching board and wired up a road rage to get the +9/-9 v.

Works great now  :)

3 VFE boards, components & shipping $40.00, Many hours of time and frustration $$$, roadrage board and components $7.50 ... pedal that finally works .... Priceless

I have some non-latching relays that I didn't use ... if I get bored maybe I'll try one of these on one of the 3 relay boards that won't switch to bypass ... or maybe I'll just stick to 3PDT from now on ... always was more of an analog guy  :)

jimilee

That was a pretty smart idea. Congratulations on getting it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pedalbob

Here is a picture before I box it up again ...

pedalbob

Not sure why my pictures don't upload now ...

Further update and last one by me on this thread ...

I replaced the latching relay with a non-latching relay on one of the boards along with swapping the jumpers to corresponding ones per build instructions and voila it works now as advertised !!

If I hadn't built 3 of these with 3 Panasonic Latching relays I bought from Mouser I may have suspected my original latching relay ...

My only conclusion from this whole exercise is that the circuit for the latching relays is NG *&*%$

Any one else building these go with the non-latching relays.

jimilee

Yep, with all my VFE builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

So is the non-latching function of the bypass board a no-go?  Brian is very thorough with this stuff, but you blew thru two boards, correct?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pedalbob

Yes I built 3 switching boards all with latching relays and they all did the same thing ... passed clean signal on initial power up and then when I switched to effect the 1st time it would never pass clean signal after that ...

Changed relay (and jumper) on one of the boards to non-latching and it works fine ... so I still have two that don't work and it is a royal pia to de-solder the 8 pin relay ...