News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eggsploder - very quiet fuzz

Started by machiela, June 28, 2024, 04:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

machiela

I just put this together this afternoon and I can't get it to make much noise when the balance knob is turned to fuzz. At first, I had put the Q3 transistor backwards, and it made a fuzzy sound, but very quiet, when the balance was turned all the way to the right. I reversed Q3 to be the correct way, but the fuzz pretty much disappeared and it's still very quiet. I suppose there's a possibility that I damaged it when I removed it and flipped it, but I'm not sure. I've only built a couple of DIY pedal kits before, nothing I've had to source myself, so I'm sure I screwed something up, I just don't have the base knowledge to figure out what. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

jwin615

Is Q4 emitter soldered? Looks like it was missed.

jimilee

There are several questionable solder joints there. Solder should flow through the board. I recommend going over it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

NorthCoast

Which transistors did you use?

2n5088, bc549, etc.
"People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand..." - Claude Monet

jessenator

Quote from: jimilee on June 28, 2024, 03:33:50 PMThere are several questionable solder joints there. Solder should flow through the board. I recommend going over it again.
^^This

Quote from: NorthCoast on June 28, 2024, 06:36:43 PMWhich transistors did you use?

2n5088, bc549, etc.
^^Also this

machiela

Quote from: jimilee on June 28, 2024, 03:33:50 PMThere are several questionable solder joints there. Solder should flow through the board. I recommend going over it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you, I'll try doing that.