News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

dual OTA circuits

Started by jessenator, June 17, 2024, 03:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Curious about this

I'm tinkering with a couple of OTA circuits and it got me thinking:  anymore it's more economical to use the LM13700/NE5517 dual OTA chips, and just terminate one of them.

Wondering if there are circuits that can take advantage of both amps.

jimilee

See if you can find a Ross phaser schematic. I can't remember if it does or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aleph Null

I'm working on a multi-band compressor that would use both sides of the LM13700, but I haven't had much luck getting it to work yet. Other than that, I can't think of any circuits that use both sides. 

jessenator

Quote from: jimilee on June 17, 2024, 03:19:19 PMSee if you can find a Ross phaser schematic. I can't remember if it does or not.

nope, sadly :/  thanks for the suggestion, though

edit: ope, my b, looks like this could be? Translation says LM13600 (slightly different spec, but basically LM13700)

Quote from: Aleph Null on June 17, 2024, 03:37:43 PMI'm working on a multi-band compressor that would use both sides of the LM13700, but I haven't had much luck getting it to work yet. Other than that, I can't think of any circuits that use both sides. 

Interesting. Yeah, keep us posted on that. sounds neato

jwin615

Supposedly the top half of this circuit acts as a noise gate.
Could be useful in noisy fuzzes