News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD.....

Started by Willybomb, June 14, 2024, 01:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Going back to 1992, I got an "SL by Aria Pro II" and modified it by painting it black and later getting it stripped, floyded, and routed for HSH moving the bridge to the neck position and putting a Megadrive in the bridge.

Fast forward to 2006 and it gets stolen out of my car after a gig.  I always kept an eye out for it afterwards, and would browse ebay and marketplace for a similar one.  One turned up a couple of weeks ago with a HS set of EMGs and equipped with an ibanez floyd so I grabbed it.  The bloke reckons he's gigged it heaps but it's a little rough.  Someone has dug out the side fret markers and the paint has yellowed over time but there's nothing insurmountable happening.

I think I'll put some 80's fluro stripes under a black base on it at this stage.

lars

I think this is the first time I've heard of somebody getting an "SL by Aria Pro II" stolen. That must have been the roughest neighborhood in the world. The pawn shop value in 2006 must have been north of Twenty...five dollars.

jimilee

Bitchin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

djaaz

That's a fun one. You know what it's made of?

jwin615

Cardboard and epoxy?

Nice to find a familiar friend. +1 on the neon stripes!

gordo

Good score!  I always thought the basses were nicely done as well.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

djaaz

Quote from: jwin615 on June 15, 2024, 10:00:28 AMCardboard and epoxy?

That's Gibson "resowwood". Who remember the sonex?

jimilee

Quote from: djaaz on June 15, 2024, 02:29:25 PM
Quote from: jwin615 on June 15, 2024, 10:00:28 AMCardboard and epoxy?

That's Gibson "resowwood". Who remember the sonex?
Oh yeah, absolutely. Seems like there were two versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

djaaz

Weird object. Very well made, not very good guitar.

Willybomb

Quote from: lars on June 14, 2024, 11:39:26 AMI think this is the first time I've heard of somebody getting an "SL by Aria Pro II" stolen. That must have been the roughest neighborhood in the world. The pawn shop value in 2006 must have been north of Twenty...five dollars.

In all fairness, it was in a hardcase and they wouldn't have known what was in it.  They also stole the bass and rolled the car out into the street with all the doors and and hatch open.

It may not have looked like much, but it had it where it counted.  The floyd *never* went out of tune, and the Dimarzio Megadrive rocked.  I used to just run into my amp via the crybaby and used to get complements on my sound constantly.

QuoteThat's a fun one. You know what it's made of?
They're marine ply dipped in some sort of sealer plastic.  Fairly common for budget korean guitars in the 80s.  Imagine this without the stain: