News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vox wah vero

Started by jimilee, March 27, 2016, 01:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

The snark doodle, red llama, and all such similar call for the CD4049UB, but use only two of the gain stages. It's always seemed strange to me that the other four are just wasted. Is there something special about the Hex CMOS buffer? Couldn't you get similar results by slamming the output of one TL072 stage into the input of another? Please school me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Aleph Null

The snark doodle, red llama, and all such similar call for the CD4049UB, but use only two of the gain stages. It's always seemed strange to me that the other four are just wasted. Is there something special about the Hex CMOS buffer? Couldn't you get similar results by slamming the output of one TL072 stage into the input of another? Please school me.

Aleph Null

jamesglynn314

I just finished a byoc Leeds fuzz and it doesn't work, there is a loose wire on one of the Jack's and if I jiggle it while plugged in the battery light comes on but still no sound when running through an amp, I think it could be one of 2 problems, the instructions said to attach the pots, led and switch to the pcb board and put it inside the pedal and screw the nuts on .... Next was to attach the Jack's ... So after it said to tighten the nuts on the pots I just attached it says to take the pcb out to attach the wires for the Jack's then the switch .... I watched a YouTube video of a build and it looks like the guy kept the pcb in and just put the wires down into their holes on the back and soldered them in so i did that for the Jack's and switch..... Another possible problem would be with the switch it gave a wiring schematic of how all the wires go and I did that correctly but there was no indication of which side of the switch was up or down so I picked the side of the switch with the groove to be down, so I think one of these may be the problem or I just dont know how to solder wires, I stuck them thru bent it a little and soldered them in place, any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jamesglynn314

I just finished a byoc Leeds fuzz and it doesn't work, there is a loose wire on one of the Jack's and if I jiggle it while plugged in the battery light comes on but still no sound when running through an amp, I think it could be one of 2 problems, the instructions said to attach the pots, led and switch to the pcb board and put it inside the pedal and screw the nuts on .... Next was to attach the Jack's ... So after it said to tighten the nuts on the pots I just attached it says to take the pcb out to attach the wires for the Jack's then the switch .... I watched a YouTube video of a build and it looks like the guy kept the pcb in and just put the wires down into their holes on the back and soldered them in so i did that for the Jack's and switch..... Another possible problem would be with the switch it gave a wiring schematic of how all the wires go and I did that correctly but there was no indication of which side of the switch was up or down so I picked the side of the switch with the groove to be down, so I think one of these may be the problem or I just dont know how to solder wires, I stuck them thru bent it a little and soldered them in place, any help would be appreciated

jamesglynn314

jamesglynn314

jamesglynn314

jamesglynn314

jamesglynn314

jamesglynn314

jamesglynn314

chongmagic

Can I use a 22p 50v ceramic instead of the 22p MLCC in the triplet build? Also is the PWR on the silkscreen for the 4.7 uf MLCCs?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

chongmagic

Can I use a 22p 50v ceramic instead of the 22p MLCC in the triplet build? Also is the PWR on the silkscreen for the 4.7 uf MLCCs?

chongmagic