News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2024 outlook

Started by madbean, January 23, 2024, 01:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

gordo

I'm kinda stoked.  Now that I've moved my output is zero while I get caught up on music store repairs but I have some Aion, PedalPCB, and MB boards in the queue and I'm finding that just taking my time and not having access to all my parts and tools on a daily basis has made me appreciate this a bit more.

Got to (slowly) get back in the groove and looking forward to new MB stuff!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on July 14, 2024, 12:49:27 AMI'm kinda stoked.  Now that I've moved my output is zero while I get caught up on music store repairs but I have some Aion, PedalPCB, and MB boards in the queue and I'm finding that just taking my time and not having access to all my parts and tools on a daily basis has made me appreciate this a bit more.

Got to (slowly) get back in the groove and looking forward to new MB stuff!!
Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Funkasaurus

Any chance the 14mm clear shaft pot adapters are going to be restocked soon/ever?

Thewintersoldier

Will the blue steel be back in stock at any point soon?
Who the hell is Bucky?

madbean

Quote from: Funkasaurus on July 16, 2024, 04:08:21 AMAny chance the 14mm clear shaft pot adapters are going to be restocked soon/ever?

I'll add that for the next batch.

madbean

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on July 16, 2024, 11:39:20 PMWill the blue steel be back in stock at any point soon?

2nd week of August.

madbean

I've updated the store page with estimated times on when restocks will be in. A few of them I'm not sure so they are just listed as Sold Out. But, the vast majority will be coming in August and maybe through first week of September.

Also, I'm 2/3rd's the way through finishing the docs on this week's release. It's been a lot of work, and I also had to build the 7 new layouts, too. But, I'm shooting for Friday now. Saturday at the latest.

Heads up: Although the store will remain open there won't be any shipping July 24th-Aug. 4th.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: madbean on July 17, 2024, 11:35:21 PMI've updated the store page with estimated times on when restocks will be in. A few of them I'm not sure so they are just listed as Sold Out. But, the vast majority will be coming in August and maybe through first week of September.

Also, I'm 2/3rd's the way through finishing the docs on this week's release. It's been a lot of work, and I also had to build the 7 new layouts, too. But, I'm shooting for Friday now. Saturday at the latest.

Heads up: Although the store will remain open there won't be any shipping July 24th-Aug. 4th.
thanks for the updates, and enjoy your time off Brian!
Who the hell is Bucky?

RoadDawg

Quote from: madbean on July 17, 2024, 11:35:21 PMI've updated the store page with estimated times on when restocks will be in. A few of them I'm not sure so they are just listed as Sold Out. But, the vast majority will be coming in August and maybe through first week of September.

I don't see the 3PDT-05 on the page at all now - is that suddenly being discontinued, or did it just get lost in the shuffle?

madbean

Quote from: RoadDawg on July 18, 2024, 01:34:14 AM

I don't see the 3PDT-05 on the page at all now - is that suddenly being discontinued, or did it just get lost in the shuffle?

No. I have already completed the design to make it compatible with the new wiring methods of the updated projects. I just don't have it listed yet. If you have any suggestions or requests for it please let loose! I'll post a pic of the new layout tomorrow with details.

Please keep asking away and I'll answer all questions as best I can.

Micpoc

Quote from: madbean on July 18, 2024, 04:01:13 AMIf you have any suggestions or requests for it please let loose! I'll post a pic of the new layout tomorrow with details.

Maybe the Archibald?

Question about the Current Lover: it may have been answered in the past, but which year/version of the Electric Mistress is the Current Lover derived from? I know the circuit changed several times in the SAD1024 years.

madbean

Quote from: Micpoc on July 18, 2024, 04:37:08 PM
Quote from: madbean on July 18, 2024, 04:01:13 AMIf you have any suggestions or requests for it please let loose! I'll post a pic of the new layout tomorrow with details.

Maybe the Archibald?

Question about the Current Lover: it may have been answered in the past, but which year/version of the Electric Mistress is the Current Lover derived from? I know the circuit changed several times in the SAD1024 years.

I'm hoping to do a high voltage version of the Archibald next. The prototype is designed but I haven't had it made yet.

As far as the Current Lover, it shares elements with a lot of the older Deluxe versions but I don't think it is an exact copy of any of them. There are lots of minor tweaks in the LFO stages over the versions. In the new project doc, I've got a link to a great site that gives the history of the different versions with schematics, so if there is one in particular you are after you can just compare the schems and adopt the slightly different values in them.