News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Problem with AION FX Theseus build

Started by Booger, September 25, 2023, 12:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Booger

I just joined this forum and don't know if I'm posting this in the correct place or not.....or if this is allowed....so, I'm sure somene can fill me in.

I just bought and built an AION FX Theseus pedal.  I've built one of their pedals in the past and it worked from day one.   The Theseus however, doesn't work.  The LEDs light up.  It passes the guitar signal with neither side of the pedal engaged.  As soon as I press one of the buttons, it goes silent.  No noise, nothing.   I was careful while populating the PCBs and checked my solder joints to make sure nothing was shorting out.   If something like that happened, it would seen that there would be some sound....and it would be one side or the other (this is essentially two pedals in one case).  But, neither side works....makes me thing there something universal happening here. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mauman

Welcome!

Did you get the kit, or just the PCB?

Can you post some pictures?

Booger

I got the kit.

I haven't taken it back apart yet to take pics.....

mauman

Just take the back off, and make some clear pics of the insides and post them.  We can start there.

Booger

I have committed an act of dumbassery. 

When I looked at the pics I took, I noticed the missing chips.   The instructions tell you to leave 'em out unti the board is finished.....well, I did....and they stayed out right through testing. 

Just put 'em in and it's working fine.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time - but feel free to have a laugh at my expense.....I deserve it.

jimilee

welcome to the club, there's plenty more where that came from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mauman

Trust me, we've all been there, more than once!   :o

nzCdog

gordo

Not me...ever... ::)

I once forgot to solder the legs on a bunch of sockets (had tacked in the corners to get them on the board) and in a wise move pulled all the chips to do so.  Powered up the board and troubleshot forever before I released I'd forgotten to put the chips back in...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

tron

I have occasionally put just one ic (let's say a tl072 or 4558 op amp) in the wrong way end-to-end. That pulls the voltage rail right down and draws lots of current while trying burn up the op amp. Good times at power up.

Jakes Dad

I have never done anything remotely like that ... more than 30 times, well maybe more like 40.

Chuck