News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Azure-Boss CE-2B bass chorus

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 28, 2023, 02:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

What, a bass pedal🤯🤯🤯 this a pretty much a stock CE-2 but boss added a clean blend and changed one capacitor to leave the bass frequencies intact and modulate the higher frequencies. In lue of a a lengthy build report, I did one on the circuit already in my second sea build report, I decided to focus my efforts into a bass sound clip.

The build itself was simple standard fare. Matte light blue tayda enclosure and my boi Yondu for the artwork. Azure is blue and Yondu is a badass so it made sense to me.

For the demo, I decided to do a shootout showing the pedal off against the HF-2 flanger (same as the BF-2B flanger) and the PH-1R phaser. What bass line could be more iconic for modulation? For reference I recorded the bass (fender Pbass standard) going into the CS-2 compressor into my looper. The looped signal is into the pedals and then the sludge hammer. It leaves the sludge hammer's direct out into the two notes cabm+ where I'm using power amp and cab emulation and into the interface

Who the hell is Bucky?

derevaun

Sweet! That's just about the most useful pedal demo I've seen. It is now crystal clear how order my project queue  ;D

jessenator

Gorgeous sounds. Like sonic cousins those three. Have yet to build a non optical phaser, so might look into the emerald. This definitely makes me want to get my CE-2 working again (level problems) and back into the silky smooth territory of chorus.

jjjimi84

Sounds great and I love the bass playing!

Bio77

Quote from: derevaun on August 28, 2023, 07:21:39 PM
Sweet! That's just about the most useful pedal demo I've seen. It is now crystal clear how order my project queue  ;D
I thought the same thing. Best demo ever! 8) 

Time for me to put Jimi cap on (is that right? ???) and phase some bass.

Bret608

Okay, late to the party here, but my wife and I found a Squier P-bass literally on the side of the road in our neighborhood a couple of nights ago (someone was moving out and dumping stuff en masse). So now I'm suddenly going wild looking up info on bass effects! Yes, this demo kills. I know I'm going to need some bass mod and dirt real soon here (well, after getting a cheap bass amp, I suppose).

Thewintersoldier

Thanks everyone, glad you found it helpful.
Quote from: Bret608 on September 01, 2023, 03:55:36 PM
Okay, late to the party here, but my wife and I found a Squier P-bass literally on the side of the road in our neighborhood a couple of nights ago (someone was moving out and dumping stuff en masse). So now I'm suddenly going wild looking up info on bass effects! Yes, this demo kills. I know I'm going to need some bass mod and dirt real soon here (well, after getting a cheap bass amp, I suppose).
I have a cheap SS ampeg 15w bass amp but since I built the sludgehammer I haven't touched it.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

I have a fender bass rumble with an 8" speaker I used at one time to test effects. I usually just run into my Scarlett 2i2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

Thanks, everyone. I will definitely check out the Sludgehammer. This is a new tangent for me and I'm having a blast so far. This bass cleaned up pretty nice and at this point I'm looking at maybe shimming the neck, but otherwise it's ready for action. I really love the sound of chorus with bass. New Order is probably my main referent there.