News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lace Sensor - Lizard Queef

Started by Bio77, August 16, 2023, 10:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

So, I've been following the Lizard Queen cloning efforts on the inter-webs  ;D  Lace Sensor posted this vero layout a  few months back:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=34700.msg331453#msg331453

I've only tried vero once before; I made a modulation board for an Aquaboy that didn't work.  So I was curious about this circuit but not motivated enough to order a PCB.  Anyway, this turned out to be really fun.  I used a bunch of recycled or spare parts I had laying around.  The box was a pre-drilled box from Small Bear I got in a in one of those grab boxes. 

Came out really nice.  Only down side is the circuit sounds awful to my ears, but that's not the veros fault ;D  This is not the fuzz for me.

jimilee

Very nice. It's a great circuit. I just gave mine to my brother in law for him and his son. Now I gotta build another one. Fortunately, I etched two boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jwin615

First. What did you do to that poor battery? That looks like it was chunked across the room more than once. Sure you didn't starve the circuit with a Bush Jr era battery?

Second, looks great aside from the battered battery. Is that toner transfer or waterslide?

<Insert>assault and battery pun

Bio77

Quote from: jwin615 on August 17, 2023, 02:18:13 AM
First. What did you do to that poor battery? That looks like it was chunked across the room more than once. Sure you didn't starve the circuit with a Bush Jr era battery?

Second, looks great aside from the battered battery. Is that toner transfer or waterslide?

<Insert>assault and battery pun
Ha! Yeah, that's my work bench battery I threw in there.  Actually I was at CVS last night and thought about getting some fresh ones, but they were like $11 for 2!

Enclosure is no-film water slide.  It's very cool stuff.  Winter Soldier has a demo-thread if you want to learn more about it.   8)

Quote from: jimilee on August 17, 2023, 02:12:05 AM
Very nice. It's a great circuit. I just gave mine to my brother in law for him and his son. Now I gotta build another one. Fortunately, I etched two boards.
Thanks, Jimi.  I need to do some more etch boards, maybe get into that.  It was pretty cool to decide I was going to throw this together and had everything on hand. 

jessenator

Nice! One of thee days I'll have to do no-film waterslide.

I've built three, and finally put in a socket to mess around with on the most recent one. I will say, some of the combos out there were not sonically appealing, personally, but I was happy with where I ended up: MPSA13, 2N3565 in the 310s, 2N3904/6 pair in the 150s. I also like Bean's mod of a white LED on switch. Or even just the white LED on all the time, really.

Thewintersoldier

Damn, you never disappoint John. That's not clean for Vero, that's clean period!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

Looks great for sure! I've got a graphic with that font ready to go on a Ram's Head I built up and tested recently, once I'm motivated to get it boxed, that is. I haven't done a vero in a while but do enjoy it. Got a MkI in the works for that.

Bio77

Quote from: jessenator on August 17, 2023, 04:24:29 AM
Nice! One of thee days I'll have to do no-film waterslide.

I've built three, and finally put in a socket to mess around with on the most recent one. I will say, some of the combos out there were not sonically appealing, personally, but I was happy with where I ended up: MPSA13, 2N3565 in the 310s, 2N3904/6 pair in the 150s. I also like Bean's mod of a white LED on switch. Or even just the white LED on all the time, really.
Yeah, in retrospect, this would have been a good one to breadboard before committing.  But I really just decided on Friday to give it a whirl  and I had everything. So, it is what it is. I'll find a home for it  ;D 

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 17, 2023, 03:55:04 PM
Damn, you never disappoint John. That's not clean for Vero, that's clean period!
Don't worry the bottom you can't see is sweaty and covered with electric tape  ;D

Quote from: Bret608 on August 17, 2023, 04:56:41 PM
Looks great for sure! I've got a graphic with that font ready to go on a Ram's Head I built up and tested recently, once I'm motivated to get it boxed, that is. I haven't done a vero in a while but do enjoy it. Got a MkI in the works for that.
Cool, can't wait to see it.

gordo

Holy crap, that's some insane level vero work.  Only to match the outside stuff.  Nicely done.  I kinda like this fuzz but just don't know where I'd use it.  It does dip down into some tasty overdrive level stuff though if dialed back enough.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

LaceSensor

very nice

I also did the "no film decal" on my green one

I also dont love the circuit but I do like how janky and shitty it is :P

Thanks for recognising the vero work. Ian

Bio77

Thanks, Lace and Gordo.  8)

Quote from: LaceSensor on August 30, 2023, 02:23:04 PM
I also dont love the circuit but I do like how janky and shitty it is :P
yeah, it does do that well!  ;D