News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Some builbs

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 10, 2023, 09:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I haven't been active in some time and have been feeling kinda discouraged by the hobby lately for various reasons. Also been battling some personal loss, depression/anxiety and family stuff. But I wanted to share some builds that I haven't shared yet. No detailed write ups 🫤
First up is my DS-1:

Next is the OS-2

And the GE-7B

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Stellar as always. Hang in there, you'll make it through. I suffer from anxiety and depression myself, so I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Good to see you again, Chris! Super work, (bet you're tired of that one :P ) I particularly like the Proletarian ;D

I hear you on the mental health part. The brain loves to go off on its own sometimes. A bit there myself right now  :-[ Hang in there.
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jessenator on August 10, 2023, 10:22:43 PM
Good to see you again, Chris! Super work, (bet you're tired of that one :P ) I particularly like the Proletarian ;D

I hear you on the mental health part. The brain loves to go off on its own sometimes. A bit there myself right now  :-[ Hang in there.

Thanks. I like to build to sort of work through what's in my head and sort of shake the etch a sketch. The hobby in general has had a real lack of non yats, muff or blues breaker builds and I'm trying to build stuff that is not those things. I have a few new things up my sleeve but I think I just need to play more.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on August 10, 2023, 11:00:05 PM
Quote from: jessenator on August 10, 2023, 10:22:43 PM

Thanks. I like to build to sort of work through what's in my head and sort of shake the etch a sketch. The hobby in general has had a real lack of non yats, muff or blues breaker builds and I'm trying to build stuff that is not those things. I have a few new things up my sleeve but I think I just need to play more.
Building helps me figure out the troubles of the world. It's very therapeutic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

I like the many-awesome-builds-in-one-post threads.  Really hits the spot  ;D

Sorry to hear about the loss and other stuff.  I've been building a lot less but I get the itch and get one in here and there.  Overall, pretty lucky to have stumbled into this hobby, it's held my attention for at least 6 years now.  Only music has that beat.  With music, I've had year long spans where I didn't feel like playing, figure this stuff is similar. I took guitar and piano lessons for awhile a few years back, it was fun and re-lit my interest in music.  Maybe something similar in the EE space would do the trick?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on August 10, 2023, 11:37:20 PM
I like the many-awesome-builds-in-one-post threads.  Really hits the spot  ;D

Sorry to hear about the loss and other stuff.  I've been building a lot less but I get the itch and get one in here and there.  Overall, pretty lucky to have stumbled into this hobby, it's held my attention for at least 6 years now.  Only music has that beat.  With music, I've had year long spans where I didn't feel like playing, figure this stuff is similar. I took guitar and piano lessons for awhile a few years back, it was fun and re-lit my interest in music.  Maybe something similar in the EE space would do the trick?
I've been having so much fun going through the Boss back catalog and some super cool stuff is coming up but I'm pretty much out of analog stuff. I have been working with people much more qualified at pcb design to make these long lost circuits come back to life and that has been super satisfying.
Who the hell is Bucky?

LaceSensor

OS-2 was my first dirt pedal probabably like 25 years ago
I actually own two Boss originals cos I sometimes have a fly board and its such a part of "me" as a sound - I always come back to that as my filth setting irrespective of whatever other multitude of dirt pedals I have around (which is a couple dozen probably).

Really cool builds.

PS: Sorry to hear you arent feeling stellar.
Ill add to the pile at the risk of this becoming "sad pedal builders anonymous" that this year has felt particularly challening for me. While I wouldnt say I am clinically depressed I have felt a struggle. Not sure if its cos I turn 40 (tommorrow.... :( ) and am aware of mortality (parents declining health and repeat oncology surgeries) or the fact my cat has been on the watch list for at least 3 years now and thats coming to a head...or other stuff that I probably dont want to write here regards my closest family. But hey, Ive started collecting and modding cheap guitars and thats been nice. I dont build many pedals at all these days which I do miss and maybe adds to the sads a bit.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: LaceSensor on August 11, 2023, 08:57:44 AM
OS-2 was my first dirt pedal probabably like 25 years ago
I actually own two Boss originals cos I sometimes have a fly board and its such a part of "me" as a sound - I always come back to that as my filth setting irrespective of whatever other multitude of dirt pedals I have around (which is a couple dozen probably).

Really cool builds.

PS: Sorry to hear you arent feeling stellar.
Ill add to the pile at the risk of this becoming "sad pedal builders anonymous" that this year has felt particularly challening for me. While I wouldnt say I am clinically depressed I have felt a struggle. Not sure if its cos I turn 40 (tommorrow.... :( ) and am aware of mortality (parents declining health and repeat oncology surgeries) or the fact my cat has been on the watch list for at least 3 years now and thats coming to a head...or other stuff that I probably dont want to write here regards my closest family. But hey, Ive started collecting and modding cheap guitars and thats been nice. I dont build many pedals at all these days which I do miss and maybe adds to the sads a bit.

First, Happy Birthday! Welcome to your 40s where everything hurts 😂 I don't know, I felt at 40 like I was finally starting to figure things out a little bit. I think we are all going thru a struggle and it's important to be understanding and not feel ashamed to admit it. I appreciate your honesty and hope things work out for you.

I wanted to build another guitar and was looking at bodies recently but since I just replaced my hot water tank I'll put that on hold for now.  But I did just build a pedal that has completely blown my mind and changed how I'm playing so maybe you should build a pedal too. I have lots of suggestions lol. And if you ever want to talk or just have someone listen don't hesitate to pm me.
Who the hell is Bucky?