News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dragunn Thlayur

Started by jessenator, August 07, 2023, 01:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessenator

Here it is, the penultimate build of laser-etched enclosures, the mighty DRAGUNN THLAYUR!

This one took far too long, and while it's quite imperfect looking, I love its sound. I built the hand-etched board Bean offered up a while back and he was generous enough to throw in some tropical fish mojo and some other goodies. I ended up going with a 2N3565 for Q2 instead of the 2N2222. I liked the meaty growl it makes.

Being me, I had to over-complicate things :P It was a miracle that my enclosure fit everything in it, but here it is. Made some rookie mistakes, but again, I'm spoiled by CNC precision and my hand-done stuff has suffered.

Also, you might notice I don't have a straight-on shot of it, but there's a good reason. IDK if it was this green paint (being burned away) or what, but the bare aluminum underneath didn't turn out as bright, even with the same scrub down the others got. Same primer as the others, too. It just ended up creating a weird moire effect, which actually isn't that bad to the naked eye, but the camera really amplifies the effect.

Thanks for looking.
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]

jwin615

Definitely good enough for rock n roll! Is the laser leaving a texture behind? Maybe use it to 5o exfoliate your heels.
Is that a JN engraving on the pot?

jimilee

Man, that looks like a story book, fantastic. And the circuit, it really does sound great, I etched one, myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Quote from: jwin615 on August 07, 2023, 01:24:32 AM
Definitely good enough for rock n roll! Is the laser leaving a texture behind? Maybe use it to 5o exfoliate your heels.
Is that a JN engraving on the pot?
Totally! I think I'm just hard on myself when I'm not relying on someone else handling production :P

For some reason on this one specifically it left a noticeable pattern; now I'm thinking about it more, It might've not gotten through all the layers of primer, which would explain it being so dull...

I totally forgot to shout out to El Duderino Haberdasher for working out the pots with me. I had already placed an order, and noticed I didn't get any lugged pots, specifically for this project, so we worked out a deal. Not sure of the brand, but they seem nice ;D

Quote from: jimilee on August 07, 2023, 02:10:45 AM
Man, that looks like a story book, fantastic. And the circuit, it really does sound great, I etched one, myself.
Thanks, Jimi! I have a collection of vector initial caps of various styles and I just had to use them here.

Maybe if I get brave again I'll etch again. JLC got me spoiled :P
[NOBODY CARED ABOUT THAT]