News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What effects do you put togeather in one encloser

Started by Hefty, July 20, 2023, 04:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefty

I was wondering what effects do you put together in one pedal encloser? I have a couple of larger enclosures I was always going to put a couple of effects together in but always wonder what effects I should box up together. Any ideas and reason why you all decide on certain combinations. Any help would be appreciated

jimilee

I put my favs in one, like a phaser delay and overdrive, for example. That would be an all in one bass board to grab and go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Agree with Jimi on the fave pedal, that one would be for personal use, so, whatever you use.  If you want something with more broad appeal, a dual overdrive or a boost into an overdrive are handy.  I've built several klon into TS9 pedals.

dan.schumaker

What I've been doing when I put a few in an enclosure is thinking of a specific artist and what they would use as their pedalboard.  Doing that, you will have a grab-and-go all-in-one pedalboard solution.  Here is a few that I've done

Luna Obscura - Gilmour DSOTM inspired; Fuzz Face, Overdriver Boost, Uni-Vibe and Binson Delay

Kashmir - Jimmy Page inspired; Silicon Tone Bender, Phase 90, Modulated Delay, EP-style Boost and Marshall amp

Gypsy - Hendrix inspired; Fuzz Face, Octave Fuzz, Uni-Vibe and Marshall amp

Purple Reign - Prince 1999 pedalboard inspired; SD-1, DM-2, BF-2, OC-2 & VB-2

6-shooter - This one was just a challenge from the guys at stompboxparts to see how much I could shove in one box... it has a Rangemaster, Dumble-type OD, BMP-type Dist, Small Stone Phaser, Micro Chorus and Delay

jimilee

I did a slowgear, a delay a phaser and a reverb all in one. It was my BOTY entry one year.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

I like delay + reverb, or if you have a huge box, do those two plus a trem.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Hefty

Quote from: dan.schumaker on July 20, 2023, 05:25:03 PM
What I've been doing when I put a few in an enclosure is thinking of a specific artist and what they would use as their pedalboard.  Doing that, you will have a grab-and-go all-in-one pedalboard solution.  Here is a few that I've done

Luna Obscura - Gilmour DSOTM inspired; Fuzz Face, Overdriver Boost, Uni-Vibe and Binson Delay

Kashmir - Jimmy Page inspired; Silicon Tone Bender, Phase 90, Modulated Delay, EP-style Boost and Marshall amp

Gypsy - Hendrix inspired; Fuzz Face, Octave Fuzz, Uni-Vibe and Marshall amp

Purple Reign - Prince 1999 pedalboard inspired; SD-1, DM-2, BF-2, OC-2 & VB-2

6-shooter - This one was just a challenge from the guys at stompboxparts to see how much I could shove in one box... it has a Rangemaster, Dumble-type OD, BMP-type Dist, Small Stone Phaser, Micro Chorus and Delay

WOW kinda mind blowing Dan, I have on enclosuure like your narrow long one, the six shooter. I don't think I will stuff it that full but you sure gave me a few ideas.

Hefty

One of the combos I was thinking about was delay/reverb, so those ideas are probaly the first combo I try. I have got to look up that BOTY Jimilee. Thanks for the ideas everyone, keep them coming

Tremster

Make sure that you know and like the two circuits before you put them in one enclosure. I had put two different overdrives or one boost and one overdrive or two boosts in one box, but tastes change and I only ended up using one. Luckily, I got those sold.
Currently on my board are these 2-in-1s:
dual compressor (DOD 280 and RottenKomp)
Green Ringer + ZVex Machine (great noise combination)
Silicon Fuzz Face + Silicon Tonebender Mk2
LPB1 + Naga Viper
Runoffgroove TriVibe + STM Tremolo

Hefty

Builder's remorse, Good advice

Quote from: Tremster on July 21, 2023, 07:34:49 AM
Make sure that you know and like the two circuits before you put them in one enclosure. I had put two different overdrives or one boost and one overdrive or two boosts in one box, but tastes change and I only ended up using one. Luckily, I got those sold.]

Aleph Null

Quote from: Tremster on July 21, 2023, 07:34:49 AM
Make sure that you know and like the two circuits before you put them in one enclosure. I had put two different overdrives or one boost and one overdrive or two boosts in one box, but tastes change and I only ended up using one. Luckily, I got those sold.
Currently on my board are these 2-in-1s:
dual compressor (DOD 280 and RottenKomp)
Green Ringer + ZVex Machine (great noise combination)
Silicon Fuzz Face + Silicon Tonebender Mk2
LPB1 + Naga Viper
Runoffgroove TriVibe + STM Tremolo

To build on this idea, finding circuits that you like and that would benefit from switching options make for good multi builds: order switches with gain stages, maybe the option to put a reverb in the loop of a delay in addition to after. Those sorts of options add value to a mutli build.

Willybomb

If you search for my username you'll see a few in the build reports, but in a nutshell:

Compressor -> Klon
LPB1 -> Superjudge
Sea Urchin -> Deep Blue Delay
Crunchbox -> DBD (I think)
CE-2 -> DBD -> Rubadub

There's more, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

gordo

If you DO change your mind down the road and decide to redo a multi it's amazing how easily decals and clear coat will pull off a powdercoated enclosure with a bit of elbow grease and some duct tape.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on July 22, 2023, 03:02:52 PM
If you DO change your mind down the road and decide to redo a multi it's amazing how easily decals and clear coat will pull off a powdercoated enclosure with a bit of elbow grease and some duct tape.
Redo? Na, this is DIY, build another one!

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper