News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

simple PT2399 delay recommendation for MFOS Weird Sound Generator(noise synth)?

Started by jwin615, June 28, 2023, 10:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwin615

I'm building a Music from outer space weird sound generator (an analog 2 voice synth/noise box) for my niece for Xmas. I've acquired an as-is/nonfunctional suitcase record player that I've gutted and will be mounting it into and will have a bit of extra space in it
Hoping to find a delay to house with it. Preferably something with lower parts count and fewer controls. Also, would prefer no off board pots as I have a ton of wiring to wrangle with this thing already. I have stock of plenty of PT2399s waiting to be used. Would prefer to stick to those since FV-1 is more money and I have a lot in this build already, and with the amount of off board wiring, I'd like to avoid BBDs due to noise concerns(and $)
Leaning Degenerator but let me hear your seggestions!
-lower parts count
-simple, limited controls
-PT2399 a plus vs more $ for BBDs and FV-1
-boatd mounted pots
Anyone have a go to for synth/noise?

I feel like there was a madbean dual pt2399 archived board that could do both delay and a pseudo-verb. Maybe I'm think of something else.

Thanks in advance

jessenator

derevaun

Cave Dweller and Sea Urchin had low parts count. I think the latter is in Haberdasher's etch-it-for-you thread.

I really felt like a little modulation would make a cmos drone synth even more fun. I made plans to set aside time to build up a couple Little Angels for stereo modulation of the Beavis cmos projects I managed to finish, but I never got around to it.

gordo

I'm not a big fan of PT delays and yet I STILL like the Degenerator.  Recommended.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jwin615

I think I have a cave dweller in my unbuilt pcbs. I'll have to Scrooge McDuck dive into them later and check. I wasn't sure if modulation would benefit it or not since it's basically just two oscillators running amock. I knocked out 80% of the pcb last night. On e I get it built, I'll test it through some multi fx and see what jives. I definitely have room for two pedals worth in the faceplate space. I'm just trying to make sure I don't overcomplicate it, as I tend to do with things.
I still have a lot of other things to work through. The record player has a built in stereo amp(2.2W) with aux in and headphone out. Also two 2x3 speakers are mounted internally on the front. I want to reuse them and the amp, if able.
The deathklaw and zeropoint are both intriguing, judging by the YouTube demoes I watched.
Thanks for the feedback!